Gangrene of the Foot: A Complication of Phlebography
- Deep vein thrombosis of the upper extremity: intra- and interobserver study of digital subtraction venography. Baarslag, Henk J.; van Beek, Edwin J.; Tijssen, Jan G.; van Delden, Otto M.; Bakker, Ad J.; Reekers, Jim A. // European Radiology;Feb2002, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p251
Our objective was to assess the inter-observer and intra-observer agreement in the interpretation of digital subtraction venography (DSV) in patients with suspected deep vein thrombosis of the upper extremity (DVTUE). Prospectively, 62 consecutive DSV studies in 54 patients with clinically...
- Multimodality Imaging of the Peripheral Venous System. Gaitini, Diana // International Journal of Biomedical Imaging;2007 Special Issue 1, p1
The purpose of this article is to review the spectrum of image-based diagnostic tools used in the investigation of suspected deep vein thrombosis (DVT). Summary of the experience gained by the author as well as relevant publications, regarding vein imaging modalities taken from a computerized...
- Radiology reporting handbook. Stolberg, Herald O. // Canadian Association of Radiologists Journal;Apr2002, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p63
Focuses on the factors to be considered in making radiologic reports. Importance of the ability to communicate information among radiologists; Suggestions on the structure of radiology reports; Relevance of the report in patient care.
- TEN YEARS… AND COUNTING. Knaub, Jim // Radiology Today;Dec2010, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p26
The author discusses the publication on several critical issues surrounding the field of radiology.
- Off the Farm. Boyd, Gary D. // Radiology Management;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p38
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of working as a radiology professional for forty years.
- Radiology Registrars' meeting. Bretland, P. M. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Mar1991, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p176
The article presents information about the meeting of a Section of Radiology of the Royal Society of Medicine held on June 15, 1990. Eight selected papers for the Finzi Junior Radiologists' Prize were presented in the meeting. Some of the papers include "Colour doppler ultrasound: a non-invasive...
- Evaluation of the anatomy and variants of internal cerebral veins with phase-sensitive MR imaging. Jin Wang; Jiawei Wang; Jianzhong Sun; Xiangyang Gong // Surgical & Radiologic Anatomy;Aug2010, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p669
Purpose: To evaluate the capability of venography based on MR phase-sensitive imaging (PSI) in the visualization of internal cerebral veins (ICV) and their tributaries, and to concurrently describe their anatomical variants. Patients and methods: A total of 100 consecutive patients underwent PSI...
- Treatment of male varicoceles by transcatheter polidocanol foam sclerotherapy: evaluation of clinical success, complications, and patients' satisfaction with regard to alternative techniques. Ali, Alma; Wirth, Stefan; Treitl, Karla; Treitl, Marcus // European Radiology;Oct2015, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p2889
Objectives: We report our experience with polidocanol foam sclerotherapy with no additional coils, evaluating clinical success, patients' satisfaction, and complications. Methods: We conducted a retrospective study of 141 patients with 146 varicoceles (mean age: 29.3 years; range: 13 - 60 years)...
- Superficial Thrombophlebitis of the Legs: A Randomized, Controlled, Follow-up Study. Belcaro, G.; Nicolaides, A. N.; Errichi, B. M.; Cesarone, M. R.; De Satictis, M. T.; Incandela, L.; Venniker, R. // Angiology;Jul1999, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p523
The aim of the present study was to evaluate the effects of different treatment plans (compression only, early surgery, low-dose subcutaneous heparin [LDSH], low-molecular-weight heparin [LMWH], and oral anticoagulant [OC] treatment) in the management of superficial thrombophlebitis (STP), by...