INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: MEDIA/ENTERTAINMENT
- Local media stocks taking a drubbing. Borden, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;02/28/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p28
Reports the collapse of media company stocks in the United States. Performance of Tribune Co. and Hollinger International Inc. stocks; Percentage of Tribune stock price drop; Decrease in Hollinger share price; Assertion of analysts on the stock price drop.
- Where to put your money in multimedia. Dravo, Ed // FW;
Presents stock investment advice in media-related companies in the United States. Advice to sell holdings in Activision and Sanctuary Woods; Advice to buy stock in Electronic Arts and Acclaim.
- Word on the Street dissed Hollywood stox. Smith, Roger // Daily Variety;07/14/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 28, p20
Reports the decrease of stock price in the entertainment industry of Los Angeles, California. Comparison of stocks between Internet and entertainment industries; Focus of Wall Street on stock ownership of the Internet industry; Characterization of the entertainment industry.
- Better message in the media. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;6/30/2003, p22
Focuses on the effects of economic downturn on the performance of the media industry in South Africa. Factors affecting the shares of the broadcasting firms; Level of competitive advantage; Assessment on the financial stability of the firms.
- Investors' Confidence in Stocks Fades on Negative News. Aslam, Muhammad // Economic Review (05318955);May/Jun2005, Vol. 36 Issue 5/6, p42
The article reports on the effect of negative news on investors' confidence in stocks in Pakistan. The negative news pertains to a bomb blast in a Shrine in Islamabad and an ongoing tussle between the stock exchanges and the regulators. The said situation inhibited investors to do long-term...
- Stocks. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;03/13/2001, Vol. 367 Issue 20, p53
Reports on the stock trading of media and motion picture companies in the United States for March 12, 2001.
- Can media deter management from manipulating earnings? Evidence from China. Qi, Baolei; Yang, Rong; Tian, Gaoliang // Review of Quantitative Finance & Accounting;Apr2014, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p571
This study examines the influence of media exposure on managers' earnings management behavior using China's publicly traded firms during 2001-2009. We find that firms with more media exposure (both negative and non-negative) manage their earnings less than firms with less media exposure. We also...
- SHOWBIZ STOCKS. // Daily Variety;2/25/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 43, p6
The article presents the stock market performance of various companies engaged in the business of media broadcasting in the U.S. as of Thursday, February 24, 2005. The changes reflected are performance last week, and percentage change from the last week of the company whose stocks are evaluated.
- The Role of the Media in the Internet IPO Bubble. Bhattacharya, Utpal; Galpin, Neal; Ray, Rina; Yu, Xiaoyun // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Jun2009, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p657
We read all news items that came out between 1996 and 2000 on 458 Internet initial public offerings (IPOs) and a matching sample of 458 non-Internet IPOs (a total of 171,488 news items) and classify each news item as good news, neutral news, or bad news. We first document that the media were...