INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs
- Turnaround Time for Banks, Brokerages? Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;11/12/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 217, p24
Reports the increase of the stock prices of investment banks and brokerage companies in New York. Correlation between market-sensitive financial and performance of technology stocks; Acceleration of the shares of online brokers; Improvement in retail investing.
- Vivendi Seeks Buyer for Blizzard Parent. Polakoff, Jonathan // Orange County Business Journal;7/23/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p5
The article reports that Paris, France-based Vivendi SA has hired investment banks Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Barclays PLC to explore a sale of its majority shares in Activision Blizzard Inc.
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Crain's New York Business;8/23/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p2
The article presents statistics on the economy of New York City, including stocks slumping 2.5% under the weight of bad news on manufacturing, housing and the deficit; fall in investment banking jobs in New York City in July 2010 from year earlier, to 34,800; and the growth in the number of...
- Royal's Deal for Tucker Shows Falling Value of Independence. Schmelkin, Alissa; Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;8/2/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 148, p1
Reports that revenues from trading and investment banking in the United States that have raised the brokerages' stock prices have disappeared. Focus of the firms on reducing costs and finding revenue sources that can offset the declines in brokerage commissions; Reconsideration of some...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Technology. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/22/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 16, p18
Presents charts and graphs depicting the technology in investment banking. Market share of Morgan Stanley; Estimation of the technology underwriting volume; Stock price of RosBusiness Consulting.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/22/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 16, p22
Presents charts and graphs depicting the investment banking. Stock price of Europtronic Group; Debt of General Electric Capital; Market share of Merrill Lynch.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Energy. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/22/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 16, p26
Presents charts and graphs depicting energy in investment banking. Acquisition of CPL Retail Energy and WTU Retail Energy by Centrica PLC; Market share of JP Morgan Chase; Stock price of Swift Energy.
- WEEKLY MOVES. // Crain's New York Business;2/13/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p4
The article presents information on stock prices in New York. It discusses about the investment banks such as Goldman Sachs and Bear Stearns. Goldman's shares closed up 10.3% year-to-date, while Bear's were up 10.5%. The Bloomberg/Crain's New York Index fell 0.1% to end the week at 314.9. The...
- The High-Volume Return Premium: Evidence from the Australian Equity Market. Tiantian Tang; Liping Zou; Jing Li // Journal of Accounting & Finance (2158-3625);2013, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p74
The relationship between the trading volume and changes in expected return is investigated in this research. Daily and weekly data are used to examine if trading volumes have predictive power for stock prices in the following days/weeks. Results suggested that stocks experiencing extreme higher...