- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/28/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 26, p24
Presents charts depicting the stocks of banks in the U.S. as of June 2004.
- Colombian Stocks Still On A Buzz. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/20/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 38, p9
Presents an update on Colombian stocks as of January 20, 2003. Positive factors which boost market sentiment for Colombian stocks; Planned divestment of the government in state-owned lender Bancafe; Outlook for the Colombian banking industry.
- THE PERILS OF MYOPIA. Bennett, Robert A. // U.S. Banker;Jun2002, Vol. 112 Issue 6, p16
Reports the difficulties facing small banks in the U.S. Evaluation on the scores of stock analysts and institutional investors following big banks; Perception on the rapid asset growth of firm; Assessment on the amount of corporate profits earned.
- model portfolios. // DRIP Investor;Mar2003, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p6
Comments on U.S. banking stocks. Likelihood of a slowdown in mortgage business in 2003; Hampered commercial lending activity due to the sluggish economy and the uncertainty created by the U.S.-Iraq situation; Combined value, appreciation potential and dividend yield in bank stocks.
- Merrill Lynch downgrades the stocks of 4 regionals. Dunaief, Daniel // American Banker;1/3/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the downgrading of several regional banks stocks by Merrill Lynch. Role of analysts Sandra J. Flannigan, Livia S. Asher and Judah S. Kraushaar; Names of banks; Statistics.
- Bulls, bears, and banks. Chaut, Robert; Nebb, Edward // ABA Banking Journal;Oct88, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p44
Presents several ways to boost one's stock performance in the banking industry. Use of aggressive approach to investor relations; Identification of the key players in the equity marketplace; Advantages of direct marketing practice.
- Bank, financial stocks seen as safe bets in '98. Talley, Karen // American Banker;01/12/98, Vol. 163 Issue 7, p32
Focuses on the possibility of bank, financial stocks being a safety net in 1998, for the banking industry. Mention of a seminar which was sponsored by the New York Society of Security Analysts; Comments from Ralph J. Acampora, director of technical research at Prudential Securities; Reference...
- Regionals' stocks rise as 4Q earnings hit targets. Talley, Karen // American Banker;01/21/98, Vol. 163 Issue 13, p24
Presents information on stock price increases for Banknorth Group, First American Corporation and other regional banks. Comments from Frank J. Barkocy, an analyst at Josephthal and Company; Indepth look at the companies' stock increases; Information on the failure of some companies.
- Bank and thrift stocks. // American Banker;7/10/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 130, p23
Presents statistical information on stock prices for publicly traded commercial banking firms and publicly traded thrifts as measured by the market value of all common shares outstanding for July 9th 1998. Identification of the top 10 gainers on the stock market; Details on the top 50 banks index.