- Tyranny of size. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;2/24/2003, p10
Examines the erosion of the share prices of the four largest commercial banks in South Africa. Nedcor; Standard Bank; FirstRand; First National Bank.
- Local banks reviewed by major analysts. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;7/12/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 28, p8
No abstract available.
- Disappointing earnings fan flames of merger talk. Timmons, Heather // American Banker;1/28/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 18, p18
States that disappointing earnings have cut stock prices in the banking industry leaving companies as bargain acquisition candidates. Comments from Tom Facciola, a Lehman Brothers analyst covering the sector; Reference to Green Tree Financial Corporation; Information on other companies whose...
- Indiana bank stocks buck market decline. Morrison, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/4/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 52, p28
Reports the stock price increases among banks in Indiana for 2001. Reasons for the increase; Benefit gained from the price stability among bank stocks; Strategy employed by Old National Bancorp.
- Top 225 banks. // American Banker;8/4/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 148, p23
Ranks the top 225 banks as of August 3, 1993. High and low closing prices for the stock; Price earnings ratio; Ratio of the day's closing price to the stock's book value.
- Untitled. // American Banker;8/5/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 149, p23
Ranks the top 225 banks as of August 4, 1993. High and low closing prices for the stock; Price earnings ratio; Ratio of the day's closing price to the stock's book value.
- Fox-Pitt Upgrades Sector; Five Rated 'Outperform' . Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;1/8/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 5, p20
Cites a reports based on research conducted by research company Fox-Pitt, Kelton Inc. regarding the performance of shares of banks in the U.S. Expected increase in prices of the shares; Banks which performed well in stock markets; Expected price some banks in 2003.
- Bank Stocks Up; Nonperformers Hurt W. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;4/23/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 77, p19
Reports on the rise in prices of banking stocks as of April 22, 2003. Percentage rise in American Banker index; Profits reported by Mayaguez, Puerto Rico-based W Holding Co. Inc. in first quarter of 2003; Increase in the company's non-performing loans.
- Brazil: Banks Looking Good Following A Difficult 2011. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/13/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p12
The article states that 2011 collapse in the share prices of Brazilian banks has been followed by a substantial rally in their share prices as was the case with Banco Santander Brasil, Banco Bradesco and Banco Itau due to a relaxation in the country's monetary policy and fiscal measures taken to...