Fiery Letter Sees Results at Star Gas
- What Now For Star Gas ? McDermott, Judy // High Yield Report;3/14/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the grant of the request of Third Point LLC and managing member Daniel Loeb for the resignation of Star Gas Partners LP president and CEO Irik Sevin from his post. Factor in the move of the management; New chapter that has come about for Star Gas Partners' business, according to newly...
- Star Gas acquires electricity and natural gas marketer. // LP/Gas;May2000, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p18
Reports that home heating oil and propane company Star Gas Partners has purchased a stake in Total Gas and Electric (TG&E), a seller of electricity and natural gas in the United States. Percentage of stake acquired by Star Gas in TG&E; Cost of the stake acquisition; Number of TG&E residential...
- Hamptons Class-Anxiety Insultfest. Rosenblum, Emma // New York;9/19/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 32, p9
Reports on the rumors that Irik Sevin, former CEO of Star Gas Partners LP, had uttered insults against his affluent visitors regarding social classes during his annual Labor Day dinner party in New York City. Citations of the attendees in the event; Reaction of Sevin to allegations that he had...
- Star Gas CEO Is In The Hot Seat. J. F. // High Yield Report;2/21/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p1
The article reports that Star Gas Partners LP's chairman, president and CEO, Irik Sevin is in the hot seat. That is because debtholders, namely hedge fund Third Point Management Co. LLC and its CEO Daniel Loeb, have had enough of the company's lackluster performance. And now, Loeb's firm is...
- Fiery Letter Scorches Star Gas and Its CEO. Ferguson, Joy // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/21/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p22
The article reports that Daniel Loeb, CEO of Third Point LLC has filed a fiery letter, which addresses that it is fed up with Star Gas Partners LP's chairman, chief executive and president, Irik Sevin and one of his board appointees, his 78-ear old mother, for its lackluster performance. This...
- PEOPLE. // LP/Gas;Jun2005, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on developments related to executives in the gas industry in the U.S. as of June 2005. Appointment of Bill Corbin as chief executive officer of Titan Propane; Resignation of Irik Sevin as chairman of Star Gas LP.
- Irwin Financial Corp. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/3/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p23A
Focuses on the business performance of Irwin Financial Corp. in Indianapolis, Indiana. Prices of the stocks; Increase on the assets and investments of the firm; Details on the annual compensation of the chief executive officer.
- Star Gas heats up profit column. Souk, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/17/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 51, p2
The article reports on the financial performance of Star Gas Partners LP, the largest retail distributor of home heating oil in the U.S. The company posted a $38 million profit for its 2007 fiscal year depite the ensuing attrition in its customer base due to customers shopping around for lower...
- Moderately speculative stock worth the chance. Berko, Malcolm // San Diego Business Journal;5/13/96, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p45
Presents a question and answer segment relating to stock market investments. Stocks that yield over ten percent and are considered moderately speculative; Stock market performance for Freeport-McMoran Incorporated and Star Gas Corporation.