Merrill Jumps Up In Slim Equity Field
- The Ugly Truth About IPOs. Schwartz, Nelson D. // Fortune;11/23/1998, Vol. 138 Issue 10, p190
Looks at the performance of Merrill Lynch in the initial public offering (IPO) market in the 1990s. Why Merrill Lynch's performance exemplifies the market; Percentage of companies that have gone public and are trading below their offering price; The general poor performance of IPOs backed by...
- Global reach, once a plus, now hurting Merrill Lynch. Padgett, Tania // American Banker;2/1/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 20, p24
Focuses on the market performance of the stock of United States-based Merrill Lynch & Co. Share price as of January 29, 1999; Debate on the company's earnings sustainability; Impact of market volatility overseas.
- GET LEAN WHEN THE TIMES ARE FAT. Michels, Antony J. // Fortune;5/17/1993, Vol. 127 Issue 10, p97
Presents information on cost controlling steps taken by Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. in 1989. Reasons behind the company's cost getting out of control; Graph indicating the performance of stock price of the company during the period 1989 to 1993; Effect of the new bonus system and fee-based business...
- Grand Canyon Trims IPO Price. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;11/19/2008, p6
The article reports that the price range of Grand Canyon Education's initial public offering (IPO) has been cut to $12-$14 per share. This reduced the deal size from about $178.5 million to $136.5 million. The 10.5 million-share deal was underwritten by bankers led by Credit Suisse and Merrill...
- MAP seeks to raise $69M in IPO; Helixis adds partner to 'A' round. // Medical Device Daily;10/8/2007, Vol. 11 Issue 192, p4
The article reports on the initial public offering of MAP Pharmaceuticals. It has priced 5 million shares of common stock at a price of $12 per share. Morgan Stanley & Co. and Merrill Lynch & Co. are joint book-running managers for the offering, and Deutsche Bank Securities is co-lead manager...
- Merrill Says 2003 Was Record Year. // American Banker;1/16/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 11, p20
States that Merrill Lynch & Co. reported profits last year exceeding the record earned in 2000. Financial data for Merrill; Reason for the earnings record.
- Bonduelle Deal Incites Buyside Food Fight. Colomer, Nora // Private Placement Letter;05/01/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p1
Deals with the reception received by Bonduelle's initial public offering agented by Merrill Lynch. Structure of the offering; Bonduelle's business operations.
- Interactive Intelligence IPO delayed to mid-August. Pugh, Lori // Indianapolis Business Journal;08/02/99, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p6
Reports on the delay of Indianapolis, Indiana-based Interactive Intelligence Inc.'s initial public offering. Amendment of the company's preliminary prospectus; Merrill Lynch Co. Inc. as underwriter for the company; Crowding of regulatory calendar as reason for the delay.
- Logging on too late to cyber-reality? Winston, Paul D. // Business Insurance;06/07/99, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p45
Expresses concern on the proliferation of Internet-related businesses. Weekly launching of initial public offering by Internet-related firms; Reactions from online brokerage ventures on Merrill Lynch & Co.'s announcement to enter the discount online-trading business.