- The Corporate Governance Committee. Sheinfeld, Myron M. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 21 Issue 125, p1
Provides information on corporate governance committees. Members; Need for the committee to adopt principles and guidelines in order to implement governance accountability; Inclusion of brief, regular meetings in the governance process. INSET: A Governance Committee Charter.
- Measuring the Quality of Corporate Governance: In Search of a Tailormade Approach? Van den Berghe, L.A.A.; Levrau, Abigail // Journal of General Management;Spring2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p71
Focuses on the measurement of the quality of corporate governance. Impact of corporate governance mechanisms on company performance; Comparison of main corporate governance rating systems; Critical analysis of the underlying principles and criteria used by the rating systems; Proposed...
- Corporate governance update. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;May98, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p10
Focuses on important developments in the corporate governance debate in 1998 in Great Britain. Details on the report published by Hampel Committee; List of plans set out by the committee; Comments from Margaret Beckett, president of the Board of Trade; Key goals of Beckett's consultation document.
- Corporate Governance Is Key. Kelly, Bruce // Pensions & Investments;12/14/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p16
Discusses the changes in global corporate governance, according to the report titled `Corporate Governance 1998: An International Comparison.' Ranking of the world's leading economies which includes the United States, Great Britain and France; Board structure, voting rights, disclosure and...
- Governance is a Global Challenge. // Bank Loan Report;10/7/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p1
Focuses on the discussion on corporate governance during the 2002 Annual Meeting of the Institute of International Finance. Globalization of the concept of corporate governance; Actions banks and corporations have to take to restore investor confidence; Call for regulations that will keep a...
- Filling the Talent Pool. Dearduff, Jeff // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Jul2006, Vol. 95 Issue 7, p72
The article provides information on various critical and direct influences that contribute to the manager's ability in executing responsibility towards work.
- 1998 was a dynamic year for governance. Reynolds, Jr.,, Russell S. // NACD Directorship;Feb99, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p1
Assesses corporate governance in the United States in 1998. Examples of board revolts that resulted in chief executive changes; Guidelines on corporate governance; Challenge to shareholder rights.
- Corporate governance in the new millennium: More work and evaluation. Koppes, Richard H. // NACD Directorship;Apr99, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p11
Discusses the advantages and disadvantages of corporate governance. Importance for corporations and their directors to be aware of their duty to shareholders; Views on the future of corporate governance in the United States; Significance of effective governance to the healthy growth of capitalism.
- Directors: Take the high ground. Johnson, David W. // NACD Directorship;Apr2002, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on the elements of good corporate governance as an identifying factor for top-performing companies. Role of company chief executives who also serve as chairmen of their boards; Discussion on board competence; Importance of director evaluations; Significance of encouraging executives to...