'Tis the season of company sales
- Subprime Woes Will Hurt Sales. // National Mortgage News;4/9/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 28, p1
The article reports on the possible decline of home sales by up to 3 percent due to the contraction of subprime lending and tighter underwriting regulations and practices in the U.S. National Association of Realtors (NAR) chief economist David Lereah predicted that home sales are expected to...
- February trading. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;4/1/2005, Issue 5432, p20
Focuses on the trading performance of companies in the furniture industry for February 2005 in Great Britain. Sales trend; Average prices of products; Furniture styles gathering the highest sales.
- Unleash your sales potential. // Cabinet Maker;11/22/2002, Issue 5314, p4
Provides tips on how to achieve higher sales in the furniture market. Need of motivating the salesperson; Improvement on the quality of service; Use of various marketing strategies.
- BRC says January sales were second-worst since records began. // Cabinet Maker;2/10/2012, Issue 5774, p11
The article reports on the findings from the British Retail Consortium (BRC) that retail sales for furnitures has been down in January 2012 in Great Britain.
- Seasonal and Cyclic Forecasting for the Small Firm. Arsham, Hossein; Shao, Jr., Stephen P. // American Journal of Small Business;Spring85, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p46
This paper discusses the practical role of sales forecasting for the small business concern. Although a smaller firm may have limited resources to use in making future sales estimates, there are still techniques and procedures available for use by the firm. Such a procedure is discussed from a...
- Keep Your Business Running Smoothly With A Sales Forecast. // Sales Leader;11/6/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 18, p4
The article discusses the importance of a sales forecast. Neglecting to update a sales forecast each year could leave salespeople scrambling to get things done. With a sales forecast in place, salespeople will realize that they are not spending as much time taking care of the little issues that...
- Good sales forecasting: A must for future planning. Gray, Andy // Westchester County Business Journal;5/22/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 21, p10
The author answers a question on sales forecasting and planning. A sales forecast is a summary of salespeople's activities on their accounts. It helps the company manage sales. A good forecast helps in the planning of workload, income and expenses. Excel can be used to track accounts and...
- BE YOUR OWN SALES MANAGER. Monoky, John F. // Electrical Wholesaling;May2006, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p34
The article provides some insights into strategies for sales management. Sales managers must define the company's values and goals relevant to their personal life, including spiritual, mental, family, physical, career, social and financial aspects. They have to be able to incorporate the aspect...
- Predicting the future is all about common sense. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/7/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 64, p27A
The article discusses several considerations in predicting future sales. It emphasizes the importance of the information on the prospect and business, the right questions, and the ability to see and understand the customer's big picture. It is stated that knowing the past is necessary to gain...