Steel prompts spring action
- Steel Pricing Out of Control. Boyken, Don // Cost Engineering;Aug2004, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p36
Focuses on factors contributing to the increase of steel prices in the U.S. Reasons behind the increase prices of steel; Percentage increase of steel prices; Impact of the increase in steel pricing on the construction industry
- Small Cost. // Time;1/2/1950, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p61
The article focuses on the decision of Bethlehem Steel Co. to increase prices to compensate for higher costs, including the steelworkers' new pension program which is expected to cost the steel company between 7.5 million U.S. dollars and 10 million U.S. dollars a year.
- NASCC addresses rising steel prices. // Modern Metals;May2004, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the speech of John Cross, vice president of AISC Marketing LLC, at the North American Steel Construction Conference in Long Beach, California regarding the rising steel prices. Price of the material surcharge on wide flange and rebar per ton; Importance of comparing steel prices with...
- Business costs overview 2011. // Supply Management;Jan2012, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p56
The article presents an overview of business costs in Great Britain in 2011. Steel global prices are expected to ease below the peaks of 2011 through 2012 and 2013. The continued fall in demand for air freight services will result to the grounding of planes in some areas. The services sector...
- Construction Spending and Materials Prices Move Upward. // Buildings;Dec2014, Vol. 108 Issue 12, p50
The article reports on the increase registered by construction spending and materials in the U.S. in fourth quarter of 2014, highlights the decline of steel and pipe products prices which has been blamed to China's economy, and offers information on the performance of wood siding and adhesives.
- Construction Economics. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/13/2004, Vol. 253 Issue 23, p22
The article reports that Material Prices Fuel Double-Digit Inflation. The materials price index for Cincinnati is up 29% from a year ago, driving the city's cost indexes up 11 to 12% from a year ago. Ductile iron pipe, corrugated steel pipe, water and sewer PVC pipe and copper water tubing...
- EXPERIMENTS AND RESULTS REGARDING THE USE OF FOAMED SLAGS AT THE STEEL ELABORATION IN ELECTRIC ARC FURNACES. HEPUT, Teodor; ARDELEAN, Erika; SOCALICI, Ana; ARDELEAN, Marius // Annals of the Faculty of Engineering Hunedoara - International J;Jul2011, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p109
In paper is presented a synthesis of results obtained of authors regarding to reinsertion in the economic circuit of scrap and pulverous waste existing in Hunedoara area. Through these capitalization of wastes in the iron and steel industry I done substantial economies in cost-price of final...
- Higher Steel Prices Jolt Cost Indexes. Grogan, Tim // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/22/2004, Vol. 252 Issue 12, p34
The pricing storm raging through the U.S. steel markets is breaking many industry cost indexes free of their moderate moorings, which kept average inflation below 3% for over a decade, as of March 22, 2004. But it isn't just steel products. Lumber, plywood, copper water tubing, stainless steel,...
- New Value in Machining Operations: Scrap Iron. // Foundry Management & Technology;Jan2008, Vol. 136 Issue 1, p14
The article discusses the impact of rising demand of iron and steel scrap worldwide. Due to its continuous demand, the prices of iron and steel scrap rises rapidly, particularly for the premium grades of scrap which are valuable to primary steelmakers, iron and steel foundries. Because of such...