Asian influence boosts Kingfisher
- MRG smells more profit in perfume. // Cabinet Maker;7/16/2004, Issue 5397, p6
Reports that department store operator Merchant Retail Group is to close its four mainland stores in Great Britain to concentrate on its fragrance operation, The Perfume Shop.
- Chain stores fail to respond to recovery. // Cabinet Maker;7/12/2002, Issue 5295, p4
Lists several furniture stores in Great Britain that failed to respond to market's recovery as of July 12, 2002. Allders; Courts; Merchant Retail; Marks & Spencer.
- Share index up, but directors cut and run. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;12/12/2003, Issue 5368, p6
Reports on the increase of the share index in the furniture industry and trade in Great Britain as of December 2003. Profit losses of SCS Co.; Losses of Merchant Retail Group; Sale by company directors of their own shares.
- Furniture stocks summary 11 /3-11 /10. // Furniture/Today;11/14/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p4
Presents a chart depicting the performance of the stocks of furniture companies in the U.S.
- Marginal increase. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;7/14/2006, Issue 5496, p10
The article reports about the rise in prices of furniture in June 2006. The British Retail Consortium Shop Price Index revealed that prices of furniture increased by 1.43% from the month of May to June. On the other hand, a decrease of 0.12% was seen in the prices from April to May. Price...
- Few gains as warning unsettles retailers. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;9/14/2001, Issue 5255, p6
Focuses on market shares of furniture retailers as of September 2001. Benefits received from investors sensing takeover activities; Speculations on sale of shares; Rate of change in share index.
- London prices take a hit in July. // Cabinet Maker;8/11/2006, Issue 5500, p6
The article reports on the fall of the retail shop prices in London and Scotland in July as compared with the rest of Great Britain where prices were more stable. Shop prices in London fell 2.59 percent which is the largest decrease in the capital on monthly basis for the year. The London Retail...
- Is the pricing right? Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;8/11/2006, Issue 5500, p12
The article discusses the effect of cutting prices as a way of promoting trade particularly in Great Britain's furniture industry. Retailers are said to be tracking in a rough roads with prices falling to their lowest level this year. In addition, the British Retail Consortium Shop Price Index...
- A question of value for retailers. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;3/17/2006, Issue 5479, p6
The article provides information about the price indexes of the furniture industry and trade in Great Britain. Aga AB lost 23p ahead of its interim figures Land of Leather gained from 16p to 195p in the market. Mark & Spencer gained 26p at 541p. MFI (UK) Ltd. gained 9p to 97p on restructuring hopes.