Horn blows into China
- Untitled. // Cabinet Maker;10/31/2003, Issue 5362, p7
Reports on the award won by Simon Horn Furniture's Louis Philippe nursery furniture range.
- Ideas keep on coming. // Cabinet Maker;10/1/2004, Issue 5408, p30
The article presents an interview of Simon Horn, the M.D. and the Proprietor of Simon Horn Furniture. When asked about the how of his venture in the furniture business, Horn said that he had an empty room so he decided to put some furniture in it and that's how it all started. When asked about...
- Simon Horn sells to Savoir. // Cabinet Maker;2/16/2007, Issue 5525, p8
The article focuses on the acquisition of furniture company Simon Horn Furniture by bed manufacturer Savoir Beds. A brief historical and product-specialization overview of the two companies is offered. Simon Horn Furniture was sold by its founder Simon Horn as he wanted a successor for...
- Don't break the supply chain. Wood, Amanda // Cabinet Maker;11/24/2000, Issue 5215, p8
Analyzes the impact of Web sites on the furniture industry supply chain management in the Great Britain. Revolution of supply chain performance; Enhancement of efficiency and responsiveness of supply chain operations; Factors contributing to furniture consumer growth; Demand for accuracy,...
- Voluntary anti-tipping standard released. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;5/25/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p6
The article reports on the release of the manufacturing standards for furniture developers in 2009. The standards development company ASTM International encouraged furniture designers and manufacturers to include anti-tipping devices and installation instructions for every product they produce....
- Delivering a Christmas bonus. Kay, Martin // Cabinet Maker;11/19/2004, Issue 5415, p6
Discusses the aspects of supply chain management in the furniture sector. Recommended strategies in managing the bulk of orders during pre-Christmas period; Need for companies to deploy an effective strategy for process management.
- State's economy growing in many of the right sectors. Barkey, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/29/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p34
Focuses on the forecast for the economy of the state of Indiana in 2005. Upbeat predictions for the state; Healthy manufacturing industry; Sharp increase in prices, production and profits; Prospect of the furniture industry.
- KÃœTAHYA'DA FAALÄ°YET GÃ–STEREN KÃœÃ‡ÃœK VE ORTA Ã–LÃ‡EKLÄ° MOBÄ°LYA Ä°ÅžLETMELERÄ°NDE TASARIM-ÃœRETÄ°M SÃœRECÄ° ETKÄ°LEÅžÄ°MÄ° ÃœZERÄ°NE BÄ°R ARAÅžTIRMA. ŞENOL, Süleyman; YILDIRIM, Kemal // Journal of the Institute of Science & Technology of Dumlupinar U;agu2012, Issue 28, p97
In this study, it is aimed at fixing the problems appeared in such situations as furniture design, production process, the use of capacity of the small and medium size managements operating in the furniture sector of Turkey and determining the effects of the design and technological...
- ACTION 5: GIVE PREFERENCE TO LOCAL, INDEPENDENT ENTERPRIZES. // Ecologist;Sep2002, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p37
Discusses the need of local citizens to exercise substantial control over the means of production and distribution on which their livelihoods depend, to build sustainable communities. Ways to give priority to smaller businesses in which people know each other; Information on the industrial...