- Banks squawk; reorg plan in do-over. // Home Textiles Today;10/20/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the reorganization plans of the textile firm WestPoint Stevens Inc. in West Point, Georgia. Efforts of the company to emerge from bankruptcy; Role of Lorraine Miller in the company; Failure of the original reorganization plan of the firm.
- Solutia Seeks Chapter 11 Relief. // Textile World;Feb2004, Vol. 154 Issue 2, p14
This article reports that the Solutia Inc., a manufacturer of nylon products, specialty chemicals and performance films, and 14 of its U.S. subsidiaries have filed voluntary petitions for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the U.S. bankruptcy Code. The filing excludes the company's affiliates...
- Bayer: NewCo will include fiber business. // Chemical Fibers International;Dec2003, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p395
Reports on the plans of the Germany-based Bayer AG, after successfully implementing a reorganization in 2003.
- Economic Economic events. // Canadian Economic Observer;Dec2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p2.1
Reports on the global economic events as of November 2004. Reorganization of the business operations of Bombardier; Increase of the U.S. federal funds rate; Plans of Kmart to merge with Sarge to create the third largest retailer in the U.S.
- 1. Improve the in-store experience. Howell, Debbie // DSN Retailing Today;3/11/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p30
Discount-retail store Kmart Corp. must take decisive measures to clean up its in-store act to attract customers. For years, Kmart has earned the unenviable reputation of having poorly managed stores known for their out-of-stocks and messy aisles. It was true in the 1980s, the 1990s and still...
- 2. Drop EDLP. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;3/11/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p33
The disastrous results produced by discount-retail store Kmart Corp.'s short-lived flirtation last fall with everyday low pricing won't have been in vain if the company learned anything from the experience as of November 2002. Now Kmart can resume a rational pricing scheme on commodity...
- 3. Fix the image. Heller, Laura // DSN Retailing Today;3/11/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p34
Discount-retail store Kmart Corp. has long struggled with its image. First the store tried to distance itself from its bargain basement discount store image. Then it tried to reclaim and update that very image. And now, as it seeks to restructure and emerge from bankruptcy, the issue of an image...
- SUPERVALU BEGINS CRITICAL JOB OF INTEGRATING ACQUISITION. Duff, Mike // Retailing Today;6/12/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p42
The article reports on the business plan of the supermarket chain retail company Supervalu Inc., in the U.S. Following its acquisition with Albertson's, the company is preparing for a significant restructuring in its management to redevelop in their retail business. Supervalu Inc., became a...
- Wheels of Retail. // Home Textiles Today;6/25/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p4
The article offers author's opinion related to the different business strategies being employed by national chain retailers of the U.S. in order to make more profits and sustainable growth in the textile industry.