Standards in jeopardy
- Original skin. // Cabinet Maker;03/12/99, Issue 5129, p27
Focuses on the leather upholstery industry in Great Britain. Investments in the industry; Equipment used in manufacturing leather upholstery; Consumer and trade association complaints against the industry; Choices of leather products offered to furniture manufacturers. INSET: Types of...
- Value drives leather action. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;4/14/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p24
Discusses the importance of value in the leather upholstery manufacturing industry in the United States. Hunt for good deals and designs; Grades of leather offered by Bradington-Young; Leather trends.
- Is the price right? Anderson, Richard // Cabinet Maker;08/20/99, Issue 5151, p21
Provides information on changes in the leather industry. Effects of global economic problems on the tanning industry; Switch to upholstery; Countries with high demand for upholstery leather; Impact of increased competition and lower hide prices; Complaints about the leather industry.
- Leather players say prices have leveled off. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;7/16/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p36
Reports on the stabilization of leather upholstery prices in the United States as of July 16, 2001. Reduction of the prices of raw leather; Decrease of the demand for leather interiors in automobiles.
- Uncertainty roils leather supply lines. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;03/26/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p1
Focuses on the concerns of leather upholstery manufacturers in the United States over the publicized spread of both mad cow and foot-and-mouth disease. Scarcity of the supplies due to the spread of cattle disease; Increase in the price of hide; Negative effect of the economic slowdown on the...
- Palliser receives 2003 Canada Export Award. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;2/16/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p44
Reports that the Winnipeg, Manitoba-based upholstery retailer Palliser Furniture was one of 12 Canadian companies who received a 2003 Canada Export Award. Opening of a third factory in Mexico to make leather motion upholstery; Growth in leather motion sales due to growth in motion, home theater...
- MARKET BEAT. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;9/13/2004 Supplement, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p24
Highlights several leather upholstery exhibited at a trade show in San Francisco, California. Stationary furniture frames from Douglas Corp.; Promotional offerings from Collezione Europa company; Stetson Home Collection of lifestyle seating from American Leather compant.
- Leather Italia USA to expand N.C. facility. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;7/11/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p8
Reports on the expansion of the warehouse of Leather Italia USA to service its burgeoning quick-ship imported leather upholstery business in Leland, North Carolina. Use of the new space to stock Special Collections, a new stationary program using eight-way hand-tied springs; Retail price of the...
- Leather fights off weak dollar. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;4/5/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p10
Reports on efforts by leather upholstery manufacturers in the United States to overcome the weakness of the dollar, which is making some imported upholstery more expensive to U.S. buyers. Impact of the stronger euro on U.S. sales of Italian producers; Pricing policies of some manufacturers.