Closing the holes in the Gruyere
- Agents of change. Jennings, Dick // Supply Management;11/3/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 22, p32
Focuses on the legal meaning of commercial agent under the Commercial Agency Regulations in Great Britain. Statutory rights of commercial agent; Use of an intermediary to source parts from low-cost producers; Details of the Regulation 17 of the Commercial Agency Regulations.
- Risk aversion, moral hazard, and the principal's loss. Chade, Hector; Vera de Serio, Virginia N. // Economic Theory;2002, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p637
In their seminal paper on the principal-agent model with moral hazard, Grossman and Hart (1983) show that if the agent's utility function is U (I, a) = -e-k(I-a), then the loss to the principal from being unable to observe the agent's action is increasing in the agent's degree of absolute risk...
- The Power of an Agent to Bind His Principalï¿½California and the Restatement. Nielson, Sigvald // California Law Review;May34, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p392
Examines the law of California on the power of an agent to bind his principal as stated in the book 'Restatement of the Law of Agency.' Distinction between power and authority; Bases of the agent's power to bind principal; Outcome of instances when an agent oversteps his authority.
- 3.5 The law of agency. // Handbook of International Trade: A Guide to the Principles & Pra;2007, p165
The article focuses on the law of agency. First, it describes the special methods of creating agency and discusses the Commercial Agents Regulations 1993. Then, information on authority of the agent and various types of agents including, special agent, general agent, universal agent, and...
- Setting Up Agency and Distribution Agreements. Harbridge, James; Green, Nicholas // Doing Business with Oman;2002, p135
This article provides information on the Commercial Agencies Law in Oman. Under the law, a foreign business enterprise willing to conduct business in the country must find the relevant Omani law that permits it to carry out the type of commercial activities it is contemplating. The law requires...
- Part Two: The Legal Structure and Business Regulation: Agency, Distributorship and Franchising. // Doing Business with Latvia;2005, p73
The article presents information on the policies on distribution, agency and franchise agreements in Latvia. A company or an individual registered as a merchant under the Commercial Law may become a commercial agent by concluding a written commercial agency agreement between itself and a...
- Principals behaving badly in agency agreements. Sidkin, Stephen // Credit Control;2000, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on the rights of agents in the Commercial Agents Regulations 1993. Information in the agency agreement; Description on the commission provided by the regulations; Discussion on the termination of agency agreements.
- Agents Locked In Game Of Survivor. Curry, Edward // National Underwriter / P&C;3/8/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 9, p12
Examines the track record of agency partnerships in both hard and soft markets. Independent agency system remaining under extreme pressure from all sides; Driving forces for many stock insurers during soft markets; Focus on favorable financial returns allowing agency-company partnerships to...
- Part Three: Establishing a Business: The Law of Commercial Agents and Intermediaries. Khalilieh, Yousef S.; Jundi, Noor A.; Said, Shereen S. // Doing Business with Jordan;2004, p206
This article discusses the law of commercial agents and intermediaries in Jordan. The provisions on the registration of commercial agents at the ministry are elaborated. Analysis of the section on importing and selling of weapons are presented. The grounds for the termination of an agency are...