Euro gets low priority--for now
- Hard currency. Nannery, Matt // Chain Store Age;Jul98, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p66
Discusses the effect of a plan to use a single currency called the Euro on retail trade in Europe. Dealing with problem of modifying programs and files containing references to financial information; Role of retailers in acclimating people to the currency; Benefits of implementing the single...
- All systems go for euro convergence. Zwick, Steve // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;May2004, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p64
Discusses the effects of the expansion of the European Union (EU) countries on the state of the retail trading of its member economies. Cross between the euro and the Hungarian florint; Rate growth in the relatively poor countries compared with the existing members; Call from the EU leadership...
- Fortis invests â‚¬460m in biggest ever Dutch retail deal. // EuroProperty;2004, p3
This article reports that Fortis Real Estate has agreed to buy five shopping centres from Bouwfonds Property Development forâ‚¬ 460m. Under the agreement, which is the Netherlands' biggest ever retail deal, Bouwfonds will develop five shopping centres over the next six years with 60,000mÂ²...
- The Drive Toward European Unification. Levine, Marc; Kim, Francis; Siegel, Joel // CPA Journal;Apr99, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p44
Focuses on the history of the euro currency. Members of the euro federation; Roots of the euro; Predictions on euro's impact.
- France sets fire under Euro-unity. Chaddock, Gail Russell // Christian Science Monitor;6/11/97, Vol. 89 Issue 137, p1
Focuses on the efforts of France's leftist government in June 1997, to redirect Europe's dedication for a single European currency. Comment from French Prime Minister Lionel Jospin, on the importance of the single currency; Examination of Germany's participation in the single currency.
- EU offers opportunities, challenges. Hull, Tim // Inside Tucson Business;06/11/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 12
Reports the plan of the European Union (EU) countries toward economic integration. Use of euro as official currency; Issue in the bankruptcy system of Europe; Impact of the differences in local market on the plan.
- Intelligent investors drive growth in funds market. Carpenter, Andrea // EuroProperty;2004 Supplement, p3
Presents an introduction to articles published in the April 2004 issue of the journal "Euro Property."
- ECU intact. Morris, John // Treasury & Risk Management;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p20
Reports that possible entry of four members in the European Union in 1995 will not affect the European currency unit.
- Say Hello to the Euro. // National Geographic World;Jan99, Issue 281, p5
Reports on a single currency, the euro, that will be adopted by eleven nations in Europe.