News in brief
- Bed makers revolt over foam increase. // Cabinet Maker;9/8/2006, Issue 5504, p5
The article focuses on the impact of the increasing prices of foams to bed and upholstery manufacturers in Great Britain. The country's leading supplier of polyester foam, British Vita PLC, raised its prices due to its unremitting pressures of cost. However, there are signs that it will serve as...
- Share Update on 15 March. // Cabinet Maker;4/2/2004, Issue 5382, p7
Presents market share update on March 15, 2004 for the furniture industry in Great Britain. Beale; Courts; DFS Furniture; House of Fraser; Kingfisher; Laura Ashley; Marks & Spencer; MFI Furniture; Next; AGA; Airsprung Group; British Vita; Colefax; Collins and Haydes.
- Hungarian venture will bring British Vita closer to customers. // Cabinet Maker;4/23/2004, Issue 5385, p6
Reports on the schedule for construction of a polyurethane foam plant by British Vita PLC in Hungary. Importance of Eastern Europe to the furniture trade; Establishment of manufacturing sites among furniture companies; Growth of business opportunities in the region.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;2/25/2005, Issue 5427, p5
The article presents information related to the furniture industry. The Takeover Panel has told U.S. venture capital company Texas Pacific Group Inc. that it has until noon on March 21, 2005 to announce if it intends to launch a takeover offer for foam maker British Vita PLC. The Health and...
- Bonus for shareholders. // Cabinet Maker;3/11/2005, Issue 5429, p5
Reports on the decision of foam maker British Vita to return an amount to shareholders as part of its effort to rebuff Texas Pacific Group's proposed takeover offer in Great Britain.
- British Vita to spend ...100m on overseas acquisitions. // Cabinet Maker;03/13/98, Issue 5079, p4
Reports on British Vita's spending on overseas acquisitions including non European foam firms. Pre-tax profits of the company in 1997; Increase in operating profits in the cellular polymers division.
- ScS hits high note with Courts' help. Friors, Austin // Cabinet Maker;3/18/2005, Issue 5430, p6
Reports on the increase in the price of the stocks of ScS Inc., helped in part by the disappearance of Courts as a competitor in Great Britain. Stock price performance of other companies such as Marks & Spencer Group PLC; Little expected good news from French chain Kingfisher; Points gained by...
- Sales down again. // Cabinet Maker;04/09/99, Issue 5133, p4
Reports that sales of furniture and carpets in Great Britain fell in March 1999.
- Allied buying fever spreads to Landmark. Kidd // Cabinet Maker;09/03/99, Issue 5153, p1
Reports on the takeover bid launched by venture capital firm Wassall for carpet retailer Allied Carpets and interests shown by several firms for the purchase of furniture chain Landmark.