Buoyant's Ikea factory up for grabs as Wade completes deal
- Wade snaps up Delcor. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;10/20/2000, Issue 5210, p4
Reports on the acquisition of upholstery retailer and manufacturer, Delcor, by Wade Furniture Group. Number of Delcor stores in Great Britain; Rebranding and repositioning of Delcor; Addition of Delcor to Wade's Multiyork retail operation.
- Lack of support for Wade came as no surprise. // Cabinet Maker;07/14/2000, Issue 5196, p7
Focuses on the announcement that Charlie Wade has sold the majority of his manufacturing interest in Wade Furniture Group. Claim by Wade that the board's decision to sell was related to the lack of support for his consumer division; Retailers' move towards vertical integration.
- Double honours for Ducal while Sleepeezee wins two years in a row. Danby, Sandra // Cabinet Maker;01/29/99, Issue 5123, p4
Features the companies who won the 1999 Furniture Industry Awards. Includes Sleepeezee as Bed award winner; Occasional/Home Entertainment award won by the Andover firm; Innovation award won by Stag's Super Storage bed; Wade Furniture's victory in the Living/Dining Cabinet section.
- Wade saves Feather & Black. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/4/2005, Issue 5463, p3
Reports that Charles Wade, chairman of Wade Furniture Group Ltd., has purchased the assets of bed chain Feather & Black in London, England. Significance of the acquisition to Charles Wade's retail presence; Statement of Wade on his plans for the acquired assets; Addition of the Feather & Black...
- A vote of confidence for F&B. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;11/4/2005, Issue 5463, p9
Comments on the merger of furniture retailers Feather & Black and Wade Furniture Group Ltd. in Great Britain. Assertion on how Charles Wade recognized the retail potential of the acquired company; Implication of the acquisition to retailers; Lessons venture capitalists can learn from the merger.
- Feather & Black becomes Wade flagship bed brand. Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;4/7/2006, Issue 5482, p3
The article reports on the planned relocation of five stores of Feather & Black into sites of former Perfect Nights store. The bed and bedroom furniture company was bought by Wade Furniture Group, the parent company of Perfect Nights. Feather & Black will be taking over Perfect Nights stores in...
- Ace in the pack. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;8/27/2004, Issue 5403, p20
Profiles Chris Everist, sales director of YP Furniture Ltd. and Wade Furniture. Career history of Everist; Challenges facing Everist in handling sales at the companies; Responsibilities of Everist; Factors affecting the furniture industry.
- A dozen choices from Oakhampton. // Cabinet Maker;02/02/2001, Issue 5223, p8
Cites Wade Furniture's expansion of its Oakhampton furniture collection.
- Wade blames retailers for its consumer sale. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;07/14/2000, Issue 5196, p1
Focuses on the sale of Wade Furniture Group's consumer division to John Payne.