'Conceptual Agreement' Could Avert N.Y. Budget Logjam
- Albany budget showdown. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;5/1/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 18, p1
Reports on an bipartisan budget deal brokered in Albany between Assembly speaker Sheldon Silver and Senate majority leader Joseph Bruno. Oppositions faced by the budget deal; Objectives of the budget deal.
- N.Y. Officials Announce Budget Reform Plan. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;1/17/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32548, p3
The article reports on the announcement made by New York Governor Eliot Spitzer on a proposed agreement with Republican Senate Majority leader Joseph Bruno and Democratic Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver. Under the agreement, the Legislature would be required to enact a balanced budget and would...
- Deal reached on $35.81 transportation plan. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/25/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 30, p19
The article reports on the agreement between governor George E. Pataki, Senate Majority leader Joseph L. Bruno and Assembly speaker Sheldon Silver of New York on a memorandum pertaining to a transportation plan. About 35.8 billion dollar has been agreed to allocate the improvement of highways,...
- It's time to break Bruno's grip. // Crain's New York Business;11/14/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p10
This article reports that New York's leading business groups handed Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver and Senate Majority Leader Joseph Bruno a stinging defeat by leading opposition to their supposed budget-reform constitutional amendment. The budget amendment was one of the most cynical maneuvers...
- N.Y. Budget Talks Resume After Layoff. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/16/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31906, p36
Reports that New York Governor George Pataki met with state legislative leaders Joseph Bruno and Sheldon Silver to negotiate the state budget for fiscal 2005 which began April 1, 2004. Failure to come to a consensus on an increased school funding plan that includes a one-year bonding component;...
- Winds of change blowing throughout the state. Kiernan, John // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/1/2006, Vol. 53 Issue 57, p13A
The article reflects on the changes on the state politics in New York in 2007. It provided that the statewide officials will take their oaths of office and Governor Eliot Spitzer will deliver his first state-of-the-state address on January. It speculated on the way Spitzer will work with Speaker...
- Bruno to talk on budget, rent regs. // Crain's New York Business;02/17/97, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p16
Reports that Joseph Bruno, New York State Senate Majority Leader, is slated to discuss the state budget and the city's rent regulation rules at the `Crain's New York Business' breakfast forum on February 28, 1997. Where the event will be held.
- GOVERNMENT ALERT. // Crain's New York Business;11/8/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p42
The article presents information on budget approval bill in New York. Senate majority leader Joseph Bruno has sent the governor a budget reform bill agreed to by the two houses in March and passed in June. Governor George Pataki and many budget experts are concerned that the bill would shift too...
- Yesterday's Legislature. Gurwitt, Rob // Governing;Mar2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p26
Provides information on the New York Legislature. Percentage of incumbents winning reelection; Reforms on rules on gift-giving to legislators; Political careers of Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver and Senate Majority Leader Joseph L. Bruno.