Birth of a City, Almost
- PRINT IT. Herring, Neill // Art Papers;May/Jun94, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p68
The article focuses on a proposal to amend Title 10 of the Georgia Code, introduced during the 1994 Georgia General Assembly. Title 10 addresses selling and other trade practices and includes a section governing conveyance of rights in works of fine art. The law makes it much harder for printers...
- Georgia Bill Restricts PSC Voice Oversight. // Telecom Policy Report;1/17/2006, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on the Competitive Emerging Technologies Act of 2006 being considered by the Georgia General Assembly in 2006 that would deregulate voice telephony. It provides the policies introduced by the act. A statement issued by Senator Mitch Seabaugh regarding the bill is cited. It...
- Homicide. Connors, Kelly; Powell, Vera // Georgia State University Law Review;Fall2012, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p278
The article presents information on the House Bill (HB) 1114 that has been banned by the legislative assembly of Georgia. It informs that the Act prohibits assisted suicide and provides for certain criminal penalties, reporting requirements by healthcare providers. It further informs about a...
- Legislative Corner. // Healthcare Traveler;May2006, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p6
Presents legislative update on issues affecting nurses in the U.S. as of May 2006. Information on a legislation passed by the Georgia General Assembly in April that allowed advanced practice nurses to call in prescriptions but not to sign written ones; Description of the legislation, Clean...
- Real Property. Finlay, Linda S. // Mercer Law Review;Fall2011, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p309
The article presents a survey of Georgia property law cases which were decided by federal and state courts between June 2010 and May 2011, as well as legislative actions undertaken by the Georgia General Assembly (GGA). The GGA passed House Bill 117 which dealt with property settlement...
- The city as municipal corporation. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/6/2003, Issue 323096, p28
Editorial. Elaborates on the responsibilities of the city government in Fresno, California as a municipal corporation. Need of adopting a best business practice philosophy in the operation and management of city activities; Actions on avoiding future deficits in the General Fund.
- New Jersey Takeover Bill Targets Troubled Camden. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;09/11/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30972, p38
Reports that the members of the United States Senate Urban Affairs Committee to discuss the fate of the proposed Municipalities Rehabilitation Act. Possible placement of Camden, New Jersey under the control of a state-appointed overseer; Provisions of the bill.
- Atlanta Suburb Looks to Become City With Bonding Power. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/24/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32017, p35
Reports that a bill has been prefiled in the Georgia Senate that calls for the unincorporated area of Sandy Springs in Fulton County to be chartered as its own city. Introduction of similar incorporation measures for Sandy Springs; Assessment on the size of the city's budget and its debt...
- Bills would allow mandatory fees in improvement districts. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;03/06/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p29
Focuses on the proposed bills that would allow mandatory assessment on property owners of business improvement districts in Michigan. Requisite for property owners to pay for maintenance of districts; Proponents of the bills; Provisions of the bills; Problems in the drafting of the bills.