Bond-Backed San Francisco Hospital Stalled Over Funding Issues
- YEAR IN REVIEW. // West County Journal;12/26/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 52, pA1
This section offers news briefs on the 2012 headlines in Missouri. The April 2012 defeat of a 43.2 million-dollar capital improvements bond issue left Rockwood School District officials trying to pick their way through a financial and public relations minefield. District officials proposed a...
- Wisconsin's Proposed $1B Capital Budget Heavy on the GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/23/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32096, p30
Reports on the reliance of Wisconsin's proposed $1 billion fiscal 2006-07 capital budget on $715 million of new general obligation borrowing to pay for building projects. Approval by the state Building Commission of the capital spending plan; Inclusion of the 45,000-square-foot Wisconsin...
- Hawaii Capital Plan Includes Nearly $1B in Improvements. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;12/29/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32288, p3
The article reports that a fiscal 2007 supplemental budget and financial plan calling for nearly $1 billion in capital improvements was submitted by Hawaii Governor Linda Lingle. The capital improvements which include upgrades to the state's harbor, highways and airports will be funded by $264...
- Louisiana Legislature OKs '09 Budget With $3.9B of Debt. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/24/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32905, p3
The article reports on the approval of the $29.9 billion state operating budget for fiscal 2009 by the Louisiana Legislature in June 2008. The legislative body also approved a $4.86 billion capital outlay bill that authorizes $2.28 billion of state general obligation bonds and $1.6 billion of...
- Forest Preserve's spending proposal is downright spooky. Msall, Laurence // Crain's Chicago Business;12/20/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 51, p12
The article discussed the budget proposal of Forest Preserve District in Cook County, Illinois, for 2005. It states that the public has not had much opportunity to hear about the Forest Preserve's $197.5-million spending plan. Commissioners of Cook County Forest Preserve, who by law do double...
- Suburban Hospital, Md., Lowered to A by S&P. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31838, p2
Reports on the decline of the bond rating of Suburban Hospital Healthcare System in Maryland. Occurrence of operating losses in fiscal year 2002-2003; Reduction of revenue; Increase in capital expenditures.
- Regents Approve Univ. of New Mexico Hospital Plan for Bond-Funded Expansion. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/11/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31903, p3
Reports that the University of New Mexico Board of Regents and Bernalillo County have cleared a path for a multimillion bond issue to expand the University of New Mexico Hospital in Albuquerque. Budget for the 2004-2005 academic year; Need of the federal Indian Health Services agency's approval...
- Austin Plans Slightly Bigger Issue To Cover a Laundry List of Needs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31210, p3
Reports on Austin, Texas' plans to issue bonds on August 30, 2001, to fund capital projects. Features of the bond deal; Examples of projects to be funded using proceeds from the deal.
- Birmingham GOs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p29
Reports on the issuance of general obligation bonds for capital improvement projects in Birmingham, Alabama. List of projects recommended by the City Council; Release of Go bond referendum; Value of bonds issued.