Munis Slightly Higher, But Late Bid-Side Fade Tempers Optimism
- Bonds start week by posting gains. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;11/10/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30518, p1
Reports on the performance of the United States bond market in November 9, 1998. Lackluster session for municipals; Treasury market; Long bond yield; Fixed-income gains; Dow Jones industrial average; Retail-oriented municipal trading.
- Muni Yields Rise 1-2 Basis Points As N.Y. Tobacco Opens for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31652, p2
This article presents information on performance of bond market on June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose one or two basis points while underwriters opened a retail order period on 2.2 billion dollars of New York State Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. asset-backed tobacco bonds. Government...
- Munis Steam Ahead Despite Capacity Worries. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;11/8/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33412, p2
The article reports on the situation of the municipal bond market in New York which continues to hammer away at long-term tax-free bonds as dealers question whether there is sufficient capacity to absorb a bombardment of new paper.
- Montgomery County, Ohio, Plans Revenue Bonds for Hospital Buyout. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;12/06/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30781, p3
Reports the sale of revenue bonds by Montgomery County, Ohio on behalf of the Kettering Medical Center. Purpose of the move; Details on the deal; Amount of bond sold; Benefit of the the move to the bondholders of the Grandview Hospital and Medical Center.
- Not a Lot Going On After New-Issue Blitz. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/2/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33209, p2
The article reports developments in the municipal bond market in the U.S. It states that the Treasury market posted gains in October 30, 2009 as equities sold off. It notes that Municipal Market data triple-A scale yielded 3.03% in 10 years and yielded 4.23% in 30 years. The trends in personal...
- Munis End Stronger, Rich to Treasuries. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;1/8/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33841, p2
In this article, the author offers information on the status of the U.S. tax-exempt bond market in the second week of January 2013. She mentions that the week has begun with a strong note as according to market traders, steady Treasury market and less issuance have allowed for firm trading. She...
- Municipals Flatline Amid Sparse Activity. RAMAGE, JAMES // Bond Buyer;10/23/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33801, p2
The article offers information on the status of the U.S. municipal bond market in October 2012. It is mentioned that the market activity is slow and market shows a flatline trading in primary as well as in secondary markets. It also informs that a deal associated with California general...
- Fund Performance To Spur Inflows? Fine, Jacob; Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;07/17/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30933, p1
Reports on the performance of the United States bond market in the second quarter of 2000. Portfolio management; Yields on 30-year and triple-A rated general obligation bonds; Equity market; Municipals; Result of fast-changing investor expectations about the strength of the economy.
- Market Close: Munis Soften Approaching Year-End. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;12/30/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34035, p1
The article provides statistics regarding tax-exempt municipal bonds. It mentions that bonds have suffered market loss due to weeklong softening in Treasuries and reveals that bonds maturing from 2018 to 2023 received high yields. It also highlights that equity profits and bond market losses...