Clinical trial registration
- Continuing the Tradition. Kruger, Davida F. // Diabetes Spectrum;Winter2006, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p2
The author offers his expectations from working as the editor of Diabetes Spectrum starting 2006 and presents an outlook for the journal and for diabetes care community in the U.S. during his term. He first acknowledges persons who have contributed to diabetes care. The author then presents a...
- Editorial Independence at the Journal. Northridge, Mary E.; McLeroy, Kenneth R.; Haviland, M. Lyndon; Johnson, Nancy J.; Benjamin, Georges C. // American Journal of Public Health;Mar2005, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p377
The article discusses several issues concerning the editorial independence of guest editorship featured in the "British Medical Journal." Contributors began writing the editorial in March 2004 at the annual spring meeting of the Journal's editorial board and editors. The motivation for writing...
- Full disclosure in industry-sponsored laboratory medicine research studies: statement by the Consortium of Laboratory Medicine Journal Editors. Rifai, Nader; Plebani, Mario; Wu, Alan; Brugnara, Carlo; Delvin, Edgard; Lamb, Edmund J.; Ness, Paul M.; Wick, Mark R.; Berg, Jens P. // Annals of Clinical Biochemistry;Jan2011, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p5
The article focuses on the policies issued by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) which requires investigators to deposit clinical trial information prior to patients' enrollment to disclose conflicts of interest. It says that problems in prognostic and diagnostic...
- Poor Reporting of Scientific Leadership Information in Clinical Trial Registers. Sekeres, Melanie; Gold, Jennifer L.; Chan, An-Wen; Lexchin, Joel; Moher, David; Van Laethem, Marleen L. P.; Maskalyk, James; Ferris, Lorraine; Taback, Nathan; Rochon, Paula A. // PLoS Clinical Trials;Feb2008, Vol. 5 Issue 2, Special section p1
Background: In September 2004, the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) issued a Statement requiring that all clinical trials be registered at inception in a public register in order to be considered for publication. The World Health Organization (WHO) and ICMJE have...
- Hail and Farewell. Ganter, Jane // Applied Clinical Trials;Jul2003, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p12
Focuses on the career of the retiring editor-in-chief of the journal 'Applied Clinical Trials' in the U.S. Employment background; Contributions to clinical medicine; Experiences in many areas of drug development.
- IN PARTING. Pincoffs, Maurice C. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep60, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p614
Editorial. Announces the resignation of the editor of the periodical 'Annals of Internal Medicine.' Factors contributing to the growth of the periodical; Functions of the editor; Successor of the editor.
- The Board. Mattera, Marianne D. // Medical Economics;1/24/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p9
Discusses the changes in the editorial board of the periodical 'Medical Economics.' Responsibilities of the board; Qualification of the editorial board.
- Happy Birthday to ACT. Hindin, Toby Jane // Applied Clinical Trials;May2004, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p12
Examines developments in the clinical trial industry as the magazine "Applied Clinical Trials" celebrates its 13th anniversary in May 2004. Expectations from the European Union's implementation of its directives on clinical trials; Rise in number of clinical trials in Europe, China, India and...
- Conflict of interest and the BMJ. Smith, Richard // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/1/94, Vol. 308 Issue 6920, p4
Focuses on the rejection of review article on the treatments of a particular condition by the editor due to conflict of interest from referee. Impression of referee on the clarity of review; Interest of researcher in pharmaceutical industry; Production of statement on conflict of interest by...