DIAGNOSIS OF VENTRICULAR CONDUCTION DEFECTS
- Non-Invasive Predictors of Short and Long-Term Survival in Dilated Cardiomyopathy. Missri, Jose C. // Angiology;Aug1984, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p494
Dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) carries a poor prognosis. This study examined the non-invasive parameters that may be predictive of survival in two groups of patients, short-term survivors who died within one year of onset of symptoms (Group I, 6 patients) and long-term survivors who survived...
- ECG Challenge. LARSON, LYLE W. // Clinician Reviews;Dec2008, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p44
The article discusses an electrocardiogram (ECG) reading of a 61-year-old man with active diagnoses of hypertension, hyperlipidemia and nonischemic cardiomyopathy. During a routine clinic visit, he underwent exercise stress testing, as well as coronary angiography. His ECG indicates normal sinus...
- Sinus rhythm electrocardiogram identification of basal-lateral ischemic versus nonischemic substrate in patients with ventricular tachycardia. Betensky, Brian; Deyell, Marc; Tzou, Wendy; Zado, Erica; Marchlinski, Francis // Journal of Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiology;Dec2012, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p311
Purpose: Sinus rhythm (SR) electrocardiogram (ECG) features in patients with nonischemic cardiomyopathy (NICM) and ventricular tachycardia (VT) have been described. ECG characteristics that distinguish nonischemic VT substrate from prior myocardial infarction (MI) have yet to be determined. We...
- Combined anatomical and functional imaging using coronary CT angiography and myocardial perfusion SPECT in symptomatic adults with abnormal origin of a coronary artery. Uebleis, C.; Groebner, M.; Ziegler, F.; Becker, A.; Rischpler, C.; Tegtmeyer, R.; Becker, C.; Lehner, S.; Haug, A.; Cumming, P.; Bartenstein, P.; Franz, W.; Hacker, M. // International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging;Oct2012, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p1763
There has been a lack of standardized workup guidelines for patients with congenital abnormal origin of a coronary artery from the opposite sinus (ACAOS). We aimed to evaluate the use of cardiac hybrid imaging using multi-detector row CT (MDCT) for coronary CT angiography (Coronary CTA) and...
- Country cardiograms case 14. HIndle, Hugh // Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine;Fall99, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p236
Presents an electrocardiogram, and discusses the case in a rural context. Case details; Question on whether it is safe to send patient home.
- Country cardiograms case 37. // Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine;Summer2010, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p118
A quiz concerning the proper diagnosis of a heart problem through the reading of an electrocardiogram is presented.
- Country cardiograms case 37: Answer. // Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine;Summer2010, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p127
The article presents the answer to a quiz on the proper diagnosis of a heart problem through the reading of an electrocardiogram which is published in the issue.
- The EKG Quiz: "Suspicious!". Ali, Fathi Idris // Ibnosina Journal of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences;2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p99
A quiz concerning the possible cause of the electrocardiography (EKG) findings of an 86-year-old man who was brought to the emergency department due to confusion is presented.
- ECG of the month. // British Journal of Cardiac Nursing;Mar2008, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p104
A quiz concerning the analysis of the electrocardiography result of a 62-year-old man with severe chest pain is presented.