Supporting the well-being of medical students
- Life satisfaction and resilience in medical school -- a six-year longitudinal, nationwide and comparative study. Kjeldstadli, Kari; Tyssen, Reidar; Finset, Arnstein; Hem, Erlend; Gude, Tore; Gronvold, Nina T.; Ekeberg, Oivind; Vaglum, Per // BMC Medical Education;2006, Vol. 6, p48
Background: This study examined the relationship between life satisfaction among medical students and a basic model of personality, stress and coping. Previous studies have shown relatively high levels of distress, such as symptoms of depression and suicidal thoughts in medical undergraduates....
- Is it all downhill from day one at medical school? Morgan, Jessica; Adefope, Funke; Bissell, Amy; Clarke, Angela; Collins, David; Harvey, Michaela; Kear, Ian; Lednor, Danielle; Stubbs, Anna; Brown, Craig // Journal of Holistic Healthcare;May2010, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p16
This paper investigates how wellbeing is affected during progression through years one to four of medical school. It used a one-time-only self-rated wellbeing question. The results obtained suggests that wellbeing may decline through medical school and confirms some previous studies that males...
- INTRODUCTION. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);8/1/2013, Issue 653, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented which discusses health promotion and well-being.
- Guide for commissioners. Parish, Richard // Nursing Management - UK;Mar2010, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the publication of the "Guide for World Class Commissioners: Promoting Health and Well-Being. Reducing Inequalities," by the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH).
- health care. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1015
A definition of the medical term "health care," which refers to the services given by medical professionals for the promotion and preservation of life and well-being, is presented.
- Blue Zones Project moving into worksites. BROWN, RAY // Corridor Business Journal;8/18/2014, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p16
The author discusses the Blue Zones Project in Iowa which takes on a systematic, environmental approach to well-being of employees and utilizes the Power Nine principles.
- PERCEIVED UNFAIRNESS IN WORKPLACE CAUSES STRESS. Hughes, Glenys // Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health;Jun2006, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p552
The article focuses on a study conducted in Finland that investigates how an employee's perceptions on how they are treated in the workplace can affect their health and well-being.
- Health and Wellbeing at Work conference. Harris, Linda // Podiatry Now;May2013, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p34
The article discusses the highlights of the Health and Wellbeing at Work conference held on March 5-6, 2013 at the National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham, England.
- Upcoming health awareness events. // Employee Benefits;Aug2007, p53
A calendar of health awareness events in Great Britain is presented. These include world suicide prevention day to be held on September 10, 2007, the national stress awareness day on November 7, 2007 and the diabetes awareness week on June 8-14, 2008. Moreover, the national men's health week...