Garvey departs Lehman Brothers for Morgan Stanley
- Downbeat on Lehman, MSDW, JPM, Merrill. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;7/31/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 146, p20
Reports that analyst Richard K. Strauss of Goldman Sachs Group lowered his profit outlook for broker-dealers Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co., J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. Inc. and Merrill Lynch & Co.
- MSDW and Lehman now rule shrunken 30-year kingdom. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;05/08/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 19, p4
Reports on the dominance of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter and Lehman Brothers Inc. in the long-bond market as of April 2000. Lehman's increase in market share for United States non-convertible debt of 29.5 to 30.5 years in maturity; Rise in Morgan Stanley's market share of 30-year issuance;...
- Strong profits. // Crain's New York Business;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p22
Reports on the financial performances of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co. and Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. for the fourth quarter of 1998. Morgan Stanley's profit from operations; Decline in Lehman's earnings.
- Morgan to Sell Lehman a Midtown Site. // American Banker;10/10/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 194, p16
Reports that Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. has agreed to buy a building in Manhattan from Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co. Displacement of Lehman by the September 11 terrorist attack on the World Trade Center; Financial details of the deal.
- SEC Takes Emergency Action on Shorting; South Dakota Short Selling Ballot Initiative. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2008 Q3, following p2
The article reports on the emergency order issued by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in July 2008 prohibiting naked short selling of stocks of 17 financial institutions, including Fannie Mae, Lehman Brothers and Morgan Stanley. The move came in response to concerns about the...
- INSTITUTION RANKINGS BY CAPITAL. // Bank Investment Consultant;Sep2000, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p42
Presents institutional rankings of U.S. financial companies given by rating agency Capital Corp. for 1999 and 2000. Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.; Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co.; Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.; Salomon Smith Barney Holdings Inc.
- Lehman to buy building from Morgan Stanley. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/12/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 42, p3B
Reports that New York-based security firm Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co. is selling its 1 million-foot-square office new Timers Square in New York City to Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. as of October 12, 2001. Features of the sale deal; Reason for the sale of office by Morgan Stanley; Features...
- Morgan, Other Houses Show Profits. // National Mortgage News;10/4/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the financial performance of investment bankers in the United States for the third fiscal quarter ended August 31, 2004. Net income of Morgan Stanley and Co. Inc.; Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.'s net income; Net income earned by Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- A MORGAN STANLEY SUNRISE, A LEHMAN BROTHERS MOON. Goldberger, Paul // New Yorker;1/28/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 45, p33
Narrates the colorful, artistic influence of an electronic sign to promote company images. Acquisition of Lehman Brothers company on the glass tower of Morgan Stanley and company located just north of Times Square; Adoption of technology based sign that shows series of images; Development of...