- Tax Drought. // Governing;Nov2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p94
Reports that the resort-tax revenue of Orange County, Florida that finances projects has been locked up for years to pay for its convention center expansion.
- New York Authorities Board to Vote On $800M Convention Center Issue. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/21/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32222, p6
Reports on the expectation from the New York Public Authorities Control Board to vote on up to 800 million-dollar of revenue bonds to finance part of the expansion of the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center on Manhattan's far West Side. Approval of the borrowing application by the Convention...
- Highest Gift May Get Grand Center Name Rights. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;08/23/99, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p9
Reports that the Kent County Finance and Physical Resources Committee in Grand Rapids, Michigan approved money for the Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Grand Action Committee's plans of raising funds for the Grand Center. Amount of money appropriated for the bureau; Bureau's four...
- Committee Approves $5M Contribution To DeVos Place. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/26/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p6
Reports on the Kent County Finance & Physical Resources Committee's approval of an additional contribution to help close the funding gap to build the DeVos Place convention center in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Total share of the county in the center's funding; Sources of funding for the project.
- THE EFFECTS OF SEQUESTRATION. PIERCE, MARGO // Expo Magazine;Spring2014, p7
The article reports on the study by the Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR) on the impact of government spending in the exhibition industry. It indicates that the drop in attendance of the government caused exhibitors to cut back their show participation inspired some show producers...
- Direct-Pay Bond Subsidies to be Cut 6.8% in Fiscal 2016 Due to Sequestration. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/17/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34361, p1
The federal subsidy payments to issuers of Build America Bonds and other direct-pay bonds will be cut by 6.8% in fiscal 2016, which begins on Oct. 1, under sequestration, the Internal Revenue Service announced.
- Another loss for the convention center. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/12/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p4
The article reports that the revenues of Michigan convention centers for 2011, including DeVos Place and Van Andel Arena, have declined due to fewer concerts being held.
- Grand Center Cost Up, But Revenue Gap Down. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;03/05/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the decrease in the budget gap for the Grand Center expansion project in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Reasons for the increase in costs; Causes of the drop in revenues; Efforts of the Grand Action Committee to increase fund raising for the project.
- Headin' Down the Shore. Moniz, Larry // Business News New Jersey;5/13/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p6
Reports the opening of three-community Wildwood island off the southern tip of New Jersey. Emphasis on attracting tourists and conventioneers; Impact of the convention centers on surrounding communities of Wildwood; Statistics on the expected revenue of the convention center.