Dennis Pietrzak of Van Kampen Funds
- Unblinkered. Ferguson, David // International Money Marketing;Jun2003, p15
Comments on issues concerning life insurance company in Great Britain. Role of independent financial advisers; Tax advantage of offshore bond over onshore equivalent; Tax advantage of mutual funds.
- Cofunds sets up onshore bond and plans pension wrapper. Tryphonides, Andrea // Money Marketing;2/2/2006, p5
The article reports on plans by cofunds in Great Britain to offer an onshore bond and to line up a personal pension wrapper. The portfolio bond will provide independent financial advisers and their clients an option of about 200 funds from 40 providers. According to cofunds, the bond marks a key...
- IN BRIEF. // Fund Strategy;8/15/2005, p5
Reports on developments relevant to mutual funds and portfolio management in Great Britain as of August 15, 2005. Investment advisors; Web sites; Portfolio bonds.
- 1st-quarter strategizing. Harris, Elizabeth E.; Karchmer, Jennifer; Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;04/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30619, p1
Discusses the strategies used by fund managers to meet the challenge of rising interest rates and strong demand in the 1999 first quarter. Employment of strategies such as duration management and credit focus; Investor focus on intermediate funds; Search for bonds with retail appeal; Intensive...
- M&G tops platform fund choices during the second quarter. Langston, Rob // Fundweb;8/21/2012, p4
The article reports on the Index Funds Advisors (IFA) choices during the second quarter of 2012. It mentions the M&G funds has dominated the best-selling products during the second quarter. Further it mentions M&G Global Dividend fund is in the top 10 funds that is compiled by data provider...
- Separately managed accounts, mutual funds can vary in effectiveness. Tuttle, John // Business Journal (Central New York);12/23/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p9
This article presents information about the separately managed accounts and mutual funds. According to financial experts, both types of investments can be useful, depending on a client's situation. Mutual funds serve a specific purpose and market and they are available to any investor. They pool...
- Asset mix puts Dynamic fund on top. Lewis, Adam // Fund Strategy;12/11/2006, p29
The article presents information on the growth of the Standard Life Dynamic Distribution fund at the IMA Cautious Managed sector. The fund is managed by Jacqueline Kerr, the head of mutual funds at Standard Life Investments Ltd. It is mainly investing in equities, bonds and property. The fund's...
- One Fund Is All You Need. Ehrenfeld, Temma; Quinn, Jane Bryant // Newsweek;2/28/2005, Vol. 145 Issue 9, p43
Discusses the advantages of investing in one-stop mutual funds. Protection from irretrievable mistakes; Importance of professional stock picking and enough bonds to control risk; Suggestion that most people don't want to manage their retirement money; Discussion of lifestyle or life-cycle funds...
- THE BOND KING. Woolley, Suzanne // Money;Oct2002, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p95
Profiles Bill Gross, portfolio manager at Pimco Total Return fund. His criticism of General Electric; Value and performance of the Pimco; Suggestions about the future of bonds and expected earnings; Recommended areas for investing, including high-quality corporates and the mortgage market.