Dennis Pietrzak of Van Kampen Funds
- Unblinkered. Ferguson, David // International Money Marketing;Jun2003, p15
Comments on issues concerning life insurance company in Great Britain. Role of independent financial advisers; Tax advantage of offshore bond over onshore equivalent; Tax advantage of mutual funds.
- IN BRIEF. // Fund Strategy;8/15/2005, p5
Reports on developments relevant to mutual funds and portfolio management in Great Britain as of August 15, 2005. Investment advisors; Web sites; Portfolio bonds.
- Cofunds sets up onshore bond and plans pension wrapper. Tryphonides, Andrea // Money Marketing;2/2/2006, p5
The article reports on plans by cofunds in Great Britain to offer an onshore bond and to line up a personal pension wrapper. The portfolio bond will provide independent financial advisers and their clients an option of about 200 funds from 40 providers. According to cofunds, the bond marks a key...
- 1st-quarter strategizing. Harris, Elizabeth E.; Karchmer, Jennifer; Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;04/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30619, p1
Discusses the strategies used by fund managers to meet the challenge of rising interest rates and strong demand in the 1999 first quarter. Employment of strategies such as duration management and credit focus; Investor focus on intermediate funds; Search for bonds with retail appeal; Intensive...
- THE BOND KING. Woolley, Suzanne // Money;Oct2002, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p95
Profiles Bill Gross, portfolio manager at Pimco Total Return fund. His criticism of General Electric; Value and performance of the Pimco; Suggestions about the future of bonds and expected earnings; Recommended areas for investing, including high-quality corporates and the mortgage market.
- Financial advisers in name only. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Apr2006, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p12
The author cautions clients against securities companies that have changed their business names only to recommend their brokers, whose job is to sell stocks, bonds and mutual funds for a commission, instead of real financial advisers. He suggests that unless financial advisers can show clients a...
- M&G tops platform fund choices during the second quarter. Langston, Rob // Fundweb;8/21/2012, p4
The article reports on the Index Funds Advisors (IFA) choices during the second quarter of 2012. It mentions the M&G funds has dominated the best-selling products during the second quarter. Further it mentions M&G Global Dividend fund is in the top 10 funds that is compiled by data provider...
- Northwest Investment Advisors grows sharply. Brandler, Emily // Journal of Business (10756124);1/26/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 3, pB3
The article reports that the Northwest Investment Advisors Inc. has been growing fast to the point that it managed 41.5 million dollars in assets for about 360 clients at the end of 2005 in Spokane, Washington. The company offers investments including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, annuities and...
- FUND MANAGERS DIARY. Allwright, Peter // Fund Strategy;3/6/2006, p38
The article features some of the views and experiences of a mutual fund manager in Great Britain. Risk reduction across all assets has become the general theme on the investment floor. A London, England presentation on Absolute Return Bond Fund was conducted with potential investors from...