Municipal bond and state and local finance legislative status report
- Lawyers fight to purge outdated language in Texas' public finance laws. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30614, p40
Focuses on Texas bond lawyers' effort to improve a legislative proposal to codify public finance law by rewriting old and obscure language that is no longer relevant. Companion bills to the Public Finance Act; Concerns raised by other interested parties.
- House Overwhelmingly Approves D.C.'s Fiscal 2005 Spending Plan. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31930, p4
Reports on the U.S. House's approval of Washington, D.C.'s spending bill for the fiscal year beginning October 1, 2004, which authorizes the city to sell $400 million of general obligation bonds. Federal payment to the city under the bill; Components of the spending plan.
- Montana Biennial Budget Passes House, Should Pass Senate. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/23/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32096, p32
Reports that Montana's 2005-2007 biennial budget has passed the House and has moved to the Senate. Proposal by Governor Brian Schweitzer of a $2.76 billion general fund budget for the biennium; Efforts touted by House Democratic Leader Dave Wanzenreid which his party made to trim spending out of...
- Bulk of California's big bond bills survive legislative deadline. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;06/11/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30660, p38
Reports on the status of various bond-related legislative bills in California, after the June 4, 1999, legislative deadline. Bills which failed and succeeded to pass a single chamber; Projects to be financed by the proposed bond offerings; Key provisions of the bills.
- California bill would allow negotiated GOs. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/03/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30590, p32
Reports on the petition by California Treasurer Phil Angelides for the Legislature to change the state law so that he can sell general obligation (GO) refunding bonds through negotiation when necessary. Pricing of GO bonds at a competitive auction; Flexibility to time the market and capture the...
- Got Unclaimed Property? Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/11/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30868, p1
Focuses on a pending Kansas legislation that would give the state the ability to issue bonds guaranteed by income earned on its scale of unclaimed property. Important aspects of Senate Bill 660; Chance for the Kansas Development Finance Authority to issue up to $40 million of bonds to help fund...
- Ala. Lawmakers May Derail Bond Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;05/03/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30883, p2
Focuses on the possibility that Alabama Legislature's slow action will derail issuance of bonds intended for the repair and replacement of bridges throughout the state. Value of bonds; Alabama Senate's failure to act on a minor amendment to the bond authorizing legislation made by the House.
- Kansas OKs Bond Issues, Shelves Tobacco Securitization Plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/03/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30883, p3
Reports on public finance-related legislation approved by Kansas legislators. Senate Bill 660 that allows Kansas to use general funds equal to the state's unclaimed property cache in order to back bonds for refurbishing the capitol; Decision not to securitize the state's tobacco revenue.
- Penn. Governor Signs Off on $625M Environmental Bond Vote. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32111, p3
Reports that Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell has signed a law that will put a $625 million general obligation bond package before voters in May 2005 seeking authorization to borrow for environmental cleanup and protection. Senate's passage of a scaled-down version of the original legislation;...