Prudential report stirs controversy
- Will tobacco-settlement bonds soon be a hot investment? Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/12/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30597, p1
Looks into the attractiveness of tobacco-settlement bonds in the United States as investments. RJR Nabisco Holding Corp.'s spinoff of its international tobacco holdings; Optimism of investment bankers and analysts that the market will conclude that the tobacco settlement bonds pose reasonable...
- Utah County Tops Itself With $92 Million of Lease Revenue Debt. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;06/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30667, p3
Reports on Salt Lake City, Utah's sale of $92 million of high-grade lease revenue bonds. Negotiation through an underwriting syndicate led by Prudential Securities Inc.; Payment for the construction of the South Towne Exposition Center.
- Panel Gives Calif. Attorneys $638M for Tobacco Case Work. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;03/07/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31091, p1
Reports that the United States tobacco fee arbitration panel announced its official award to attorneys representing California counties and cities in the lawsuit that led to the national settlement. Clearing of one hurdle blocking large tobacco securitization bonds sales in the state;...
- Oregon picks team for tobacco deal. Marois, Michael B.; Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;05/12/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30639, p1
Reports on the selection of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter as the book runner for the bond securitization for the out of court settlement given to the state of Oregon by the tobacco industry.
- Bond Deal Securitizing Legal Fees from Tobacco Settlements Should Fire a Boom. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/22/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p3
Focuses on a bond deal that securitizes the spoils from lawyers who won the landmark 1998 tobacco legal settlement in the United States. Catalyst for an expected multibillion dollar issuance boom of tobacco-related deals; First-ever taxable bond offering to emerge from the legal settlement;...
- Holmes Harbor Investors Test Securities Laws. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p1
The article reports that bondholders appealing a jury's finding that Prudential Securities Inc. did not violate state securities laws by selling bonds illegally issued by an arm of Holmes Harbor Sewer District have asked the highest court to over the decision. The group also urged the court to...
- Prudential Closes $135M Seitel Bond Offering. DURAN, DANIELE // Private Placement Letter;01/25/99, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p1
Reports that Prudential Securities has closed its bond offering for Seitel Inc. Worth of the deal; Structure of the offering; Information on Seitel.
- Research digest. Harris, Elizabeth E.; Karchmer, Jennifer; Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;02/10/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30576, p8
Evaluates several bonds issued in the United States as of February 10, 1999. Includes Nuveen Performance Plus issued by Prudential Securities Inc.; Student loan bonds issued by PaineWebber Inc.; Municipal bonds issued by Shelby County, Tennessee.
- As long as smokers keep smoking, tobacco debt won't die. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;05/06/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30635, p36
Reports on the discussions regarding the settlement deal between states and the American tobacco industry at the 16th annual meeting of the National Federation of Municipal Analysts in Boston, Massachusetts. Role of the number smokers in the credit analysis of future tobacco-backed bonds; Cash...