Massachusetts managers cast 'jaundiced eye' at health care
- Short-Term Muni Funds a Good Fit in Current Rate Environment. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/01/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31690, p6
Provides information on short-term municipal bond mutual funds. Comparison of net inflow of short-term funds to net outflow of long and intermediate-term funds; Details of net inflow of taxable bond funds, according to data from Washington D.C.-based institute.
- Expensive Market Prepares for Glut of New York Money. Fine, Jacob; Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;4/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31362, p6
Reports on the increasing demand for the New York municipal bonds and bond funds. Bond sale by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority; Insurance of the bonds due 2019 through 2032 by Financial Guaranty Insurance Co.; Impact of the federal economic stimulus package granted authorization in...
- Is bigger better? In today's illiquid market, not necessarily. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;10/18/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30749, p2A
Focuses on problems in the municipal bond market that affected large and small funds. Illiquidity of tax-exempt bond funds; Investors' lack of interest; Difficulties in managing a large fund during the illiquidity crunch; Descriptive data comparing the performance of large and small funds.
- Mutual funds gain overall, despite national fund losses. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;02/04/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30324, p6
Focuses on news and trends in the municipal bond funds market of the United States as of February 4, 1998. Positive cash flows from municipal bond mutual funds; Gains by single-state funds; Effect of the intangibles tax in Florida; Factors driving state funds' performance.
- Muni Funds Lead Pack. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/10/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31424, p1
Reports on the market performance of municipal bond funds in the U.S. Average return of taxable funds; Total return of mutual fund-tracking service; Increase in the interest rates.
- A risky race for muni bonds. Egan, Jack // U.S. News & World Report;9/13/93, Vol. 115 Issue 10, p81
Reports that individuals anticipating higher tax rates have been flocking into tax-exempt municipal bonds and municipal-bond mutual funds. Benefits of the muni bonds; Hazard which lies in the current phenomenally low interest rates; Investment tips; Fund recommendations; Comments from...
- Muni Bonds Pay Off, but Risks Linger. La Monica, Paul R. // Money;Dec2011, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p20
The article discusses why U.S. municipal bond funds have performed well during 2011 through late October.
- Muni funds suffered net outflows in April. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;05/28/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30651, p2
Reports on the increase of municipal bond fund withdrawals in the United States, in April 1999. Factors contributing to the increase in net outflows; Comparison of the worth of bond fund withdrawals and deposits.
- Some stay on short side, others look to neglected credits. Polyak, Ilana; Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;06/16/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30663, p6
Focuses on the municipal bond fund market in the United States. Demand for funds with shorter durations; Bond funds targeted by portfolio managers; Demand and supply in various states; Performance of bond funds in various sectors.
- July 1997: A tremendous month for municipal bond funds. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;08/29/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30220, p4
Focuses on gains in municipal bond mutual funds in the United States as for July 1997. Growth in municipal bond cash flows; Contributions of national funds; Growth in tax-exempt bonds; Performance of the bond market.