Nursing home industry
- Skilled nursing facilities. Helbing, Charles; Cornelius, Elizabeth S. // Health Care Financing Review;1992 Supplement, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p97
Presents data on Medicare's skilled nursing facility benefit. Criteria for eligibility; Covered services; Legislative and administrative actions from 1983-1990; Trends in benefits from 1967-1990; Utilization of benefits in 1990.
- Profile of Medicare skilled nursing facilities. // Health Care Financing Review;1995 Supplement, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p74
Presents statistics on Medicare skilled nursing facilities (SNF) in the United States for the calendar year 1993. Medicare swing-bed hospitals as a separate category of hospital-based facilities; Number of admissions covered by swing-bed providers and their average length of stay. INSET:...
- Medicare facing a difficult road ahead. Willis, Larry // Las Vegas Business Press;6/17/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p4B
Focuses on issues of medicare in Nevada. Crisis in the medicare due to imbalance of 1999 budget; Reduction of budget for nursing homes; Statement of Charles Perry, executive director of the Nevada Health Care Association.
- U.S. Inspector General continues to scrutinize nursing homes. Schwartz, Ronald M. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Feb97, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p8
States that the US Department of Health and Human Services's (HHS) Office of the Inspector General (OIG) Work Plan for fiscal year 1997 includes a number of probes into Medicare and Medicaid nursing home care. Activities of the Operation Restore Trust; What the Operation Restore Trust will...
- Nursing Homes Struggle With Looming Medicare Cuts. Webb, Marion // San Diego Business Journal;4/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p12
Reports on the proposed reduction in Medicare payments to nursing homes in California. Definition of Medicaid; Limitation of Medicare coverage; Complaints of the nursing home industry.
- Consolidated billing has fiscal, legal implications for SNFs. // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Advisor;Dec98, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p1
Looks at fiscal and legal implications of the use of a consolidated billing component in the determination of a facility-specific rate for resident care under the Medicare prospective payment system for skilled nursing facilities. List of exclusions to consolidated billing; Process and coverage...
- Supreme Court accepts landmark nursing home case. // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Advisor;Nov99, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the effects of the United States Supreme Court's decision on the imposition of health and safety regulations under the Medicare statute on nursing homes.
- Healthcare sector now the patient. // High Yield Report;08/09/99, Vol. 10 Issue 32, pN
Reports on the financial difficulties of nursing homes in the United States due partly to lower Medicare payments.
- CMS announces SNF payment update for FY 2013. // AHA News;8/6/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 16, p8
The article reports on the 1.8 percent increase in the net Medicare prospective payment system that will be received by skilled nursing facilities in the U.S.