House panel delays hearing on pricing
- First Half 2003: Private placement investors pour it on. Sweeney, Paul // Private Placement Letter;8/18/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the market for privately-placed fixed-income securities in the U.S. for the first half of 2003. Factors behind the surge in activity among private placement investors; Key transactions during the period; Implications on the securities market.
- 1994 a terrible year for long-duration bonds. Barr, Paul G. // Pensions & Investments;3/20/95, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p18
Reports on the performance of long-duration fixed income bonds in 1994. Effect of the rise in interest rates; Pensions and Investments Performance Evaluation Report (PIPER) as source of information; Performance of shorter term managers; Rankings of mortgage-backed separate accounts.
- The money workshop--part VI fixed-income investments. Chang, Ivan // Chinatown News;2/18/96, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p26
Part IV. Focuses on the investment properties of several fixed-income investments in Canada. Bearer coupons; Mortgage-backed securities; Preferred shares.
- Common stock response to false signals from creditwatch... Elayan, Fayez A.; Maris, Brian A. // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Summer90, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p16
Deals with the placement of a fixed income security on Standard and Poor's CreditWatch list which indicates that the issue is being reviewed for possible rerating. Giving attention to the stock price response to false signals positive and negative placements on CreditWatch; Previous research...
- The calm after the storm. Williams, Gordon // FW;3/1/94, Vol. 163 Issue 5, p81
Presents a list of the fixed-income markets as reported by Morningstar, Chicago-based mutual fund rater. High yield; International; Convertibles; Municipals; Treasuries; Investment-grade corporate; Mortgage-backed securities.
- The money workshop--fixed income investments. Chang, Ivan // Chinatown News;2/3/96, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p19
Part V. Focuses on fixed-income investments and how they fit into a well-balanced portfolio. Element that is common to all fixed-income securities; Payment schemes; Popularity; Drawbacks; Issuance of bonds.
- Long bond managers dominate. Barr, Paul G. // Pensions & Investments;12/8/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 25, pP2
Looks at the performance of long duration fixed income managers for a one year period ending September 30, 1997. Returns of long-duration managers; Information on the median long-duration separate account managers; Percentage for the quarter, three-year and five-year periods.
- Bond Buyer indexes: This week's numbers. Yong Lim // Bond Buyer;09/05/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30224, p3
Reports on developments concerning fixed-income securities in the United States as of September 5, 1997. Includes decline in revenue bond index; Increased prices of long-term US treasury securities; Increased visible side supplies.
- Municipals vs. other sectors. // Bond Buyer;09/24/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30237, p8
Presents a chart depicting the movement of various fixed-income securities in the United States.