Privatization on track, military says
- Home Improvements. Dean, Joshua // Government Executive;Aug2000 Special Annual Issue Top, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p28
Reports on the success of the United States Air Force's 437th Contracting Squadron's Hunley Park military family housing project in Charleston, South Carolina. Turnover of the Charleston Naval Base to the Air Force; Creation of the Hunley Park Integrated Project Team; Air Force's success in...
- Family Matters. Hayward, George // Airman;Aug99, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p24
Reports the importance of the United States Air Force family programs designed to support and help families who are left behind by deployed military personnel. Information on the family readiness noncommissioned officers program at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base; Benefits of the program.
- The `Kiwi' Clan. Barela, Timothy P. // Airman;Mar2000, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p36
Features the Davises, a United States Air Force family based in Christchurch, New Zealand. Special assignment of Master Sargent. Eric Davis; Fascination of New Zealand youths for the American accent of the Davis kids; Language differences; Description of life in New Zealand.
- Airman's World. // Airman;Mar2001, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p8
Presents news concerning the United States Air Force as of March 2001. Information on the Dependents Education Act program for families of veterans; Educational benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs; Air demonstration of the Air Force Thunderbirds; Expansion of the Airman Education...
- The Children Left Behind. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p36
Discusses effects of military deployments on the children of United States airmen. Common reaction of children to their military parent's absence; Psychological impact to children, according to a 2004 University of Kentucky study; PDF Jr. program which sends children through a mobility...
- Cornhusker country ... and beyond! Barela, Timothy P. // Airman;Dec98, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p30
Reports on military activities and family life at Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska. Provision of colonial-style housing; Availability of basketball courts, tennis courts, golf driving range and other fitness and recreation facilities; Global commitments of military units in the base; Off-base...
- Key Component. Knabe, Ann P. // Officer;Oct2007, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p52
The article discusses how the Key Family Member Program helps U.S. Air Force Reserve families get through deployments. The volunteer program was started by Kim Farris, the wife of Brigadier General Wade Farris. The program helps bond Reserve families together, promoting a sense of camaraderie....
- Base housing upgrades set. Parish, Linn // Journal of Business (10756124);8/19/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 17, pA1
Reports on housing upgrades at the Fairchild Air Force Base in Spokane, Washington. Projections on the net number of homes at Fairchild; U.S. Air Force's consideration of having a private builder to develop and remodel homes; Total worth of the project.
- Something for Nothing. Russell, Dean // Saturday Evening Post;6/29/1946, Vol. 218 Issue 52, p17
Presents views on unhappy skepticism on the U.S. government among certain government experts and some U.S. Air Force ex-servicemen. Belief of a government housing expert that the U.S. government should guarantee adequate housing at low rental to every family in the country; Prohibition of the...