S&P affirms N.Y.C. GO rating at A-Minus
- Reedy Creek District On S&P CreditWatch. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31233, p4
Reports that rating agency Standard & Poor's has placed the ad valorem tax-backed bonds and the utility revenue bonds of the Reedy Creek Improvement District in Florida on its CreditWatch list. Rationale behind the step taken by the rating agency; Impact of Reedy Creek determination on its...
- Finding Safety: As Recession Descends, High-Rated Debt Is Best. Yacoe, Don // Bond Buyer;12/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31284, p22
Questions the safety of Pennsylvania municipal bonds in the event of an economic recession in the U.S. Advantages of opting for insured debt; Factors that could worry bondholders; Debt ratings of the state according to the financial rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp.
- S&P puts Tulsa county criminal agency on CreditWatch; negative implications. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;01/08/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30306, p7
States that Standard & Poor's has placed the Tulsa County, Oklahoma Criminal Justice Authority's sales tax-backed bonds on CreditWatch with negative implications. Court ruling that jail trust agency was created under an improperly used statute; County's indication of intent to repay debt.
- S&P to Bid Adieu to Blue List. Fine, Jacob; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;6/19/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31163, p1
Reports that Standard and Poor's plans to stop publishing the 'Blue List' municipal bonds publication on August 17, 2001. Background on the journal's coverage of the municipal bond market in the United States.
- After Six Decades, the Blue List Calls It Quits. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;8/20/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31206, p25
Reports on the final issue of Standard & Poor's Corp.'s Blue List. Competition in the changing market for offering municipal bonds in the secondary market in the United States; Secondary market gauge.
- Chicago suburb to sell GO-backed ballpark debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/03/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30448, p4
Reports that the suburb of Schaumburg in Chicago, Illinois will sell $15 million of general obligation bonds for a minor league ballpark. Bond rating by Standard & Poor's Corp.; First Chicago Capital Markets Inc. as manager of the deal; Structure of the bonds.
- S&P anticipates Colo. housing default. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/13/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30746, p2
Reports that Standard & Poor's has assigned a CC rating to single-family mortgage revenue bonds that Boulder County, Colorado has issued in 1982. Placement of the issue on CreditWatch with a negative outlook.
- Jefferson County, Ala., Takes Sewer Rating Hit. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/26/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32823, p1
The article reports that Standard & Poor's has lowered its underlying rating on Jefferson County, Alabama's $3.2 billion of outstanding sewer revenue debt three notches to BBB from A. The report added that the agency also placed the rating on watch with developing implications due to recent...
- Time to see if District of Columbia is investment grade again, S&P says. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30487, p1
Reports on the plan of Standard & Poor's Corp. to review the credit quality of the District of Columbia as the district plans to issue $200 million tax and revenue anticipation notes in October 1998. Possibility of upgrading; Concerns about liquidity and spending bills; District's ability to...