Consensus on N.Y.S. priorities could mean fewer bond sales
- Economic change is coming. Golden, John // Westchester County Business Journal;2/14/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the first executive budget and message of economic and political change of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo in 2011. In his 2011-2012 executive budget, he proposes the creation of the 10 Regional Economic Development Councils to be headed by Lieutenant Governor Robert Duffy....
- GOP plan to rebuild NYS economy. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/31/94, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p31
Reports that the Republican majority in the New York state senate has released a comprehensive development plan for the state. Economic development zone; Taxation; Bureaucratic red tape.
- Hey, Albany: The heat's on. McBride, Caryn // Westchester County Business Journal;2/27/95, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the debate on New York's economic development plans on February 17, 1995. Members of the panel; Alfred DelBello as moderator; Budget cuts for the Department of Economic Development, Urban Development Corp. and Department of Commerce; Taxation; Competition against other cities for...
- New York burdens the productive. Bitz, Mark W. // American Enterprise;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on the effects of the anti-business climate in New York. State as last in job growth among continental states from 1969 to 1990; High rate of worker's compensation; New York as the most litigious state; Exorbitant taxation for business enterprises.
- Trimming rules won't imperil health or wallet. // Crain's New York Business;4/10/95, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p10
Opinion. Comments on Governor George Pataki's regulations geared towards improving the business climate in New York State. NY Health Department's promise to change or abolish several regulations that cost hospitals more than $100 million a year; NY Insurance Department's recommendations to...
- State aids Disney plan for Harlem. Egyir, William // New York Amsterdam News;6/22/96, Vol. 87 Issue 25, p4
Reports on the State of New York's assistance in promoting economic development and job creation in Harlem through the Harlem Community Development Corporation. Capitalization of the Metropolitan Economic Revitalization Fund; Statement from Empire State Development Corp. Chairman Charles...
- State, utilities target business. // Crain's New York Business;7/26/93, Vol. 9 Issue 30, p1
Reports on New York state officials' plan to announce the Alliance For A New New York economic development program in July, 1993. Utility companies with initiatives to attract and retain businesses in New York; Governor Mario Cuomo's expected announcement of the plan.
- Saland development bill passes Senate. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/26/93 - 8/2/93, Vol. 5 Issue 33, p4
Reports on the legislation passed by the New York State Senate which allows for the creation of 15 Economic Development Zones. Legislation as co-sponsored by State Senator Steve Saland; Economic survival of Hudson Valley; Program's primary goals.
- BUSINESS MATTERS. // Business Journal (Central New York);4/19/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p2
Presents business news in New York state as of April 2002. Goal of the Qu Ã© bec-New York Economic Summit which will be held on May 2002; Information on the loan and grants received by Central New York communities for wastewater and drinking-water projects.