Utility's sale could harm tax status
- Most Texas muni utilities give thumbs up on deregulation. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;03/23/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30604, p22
Reports on most Texas-based municipal electric utilities' support for the state legislature's passage of legislation that would deregulate the electric power market in the state. Municipal utilities' right to opt out of the competitive market; City of Denton's decision to liquidate its...
- TMPA: Texas Municipal Power Agency. // Bond Buyer;10/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30742, p43A
Features the Texas Municipal Power Agency. Headquarters; Contact information; Top executives; Ratings and outlook; Total 1998 revenues; Bond issues.
- Denton, Tex., puts utility sale on hold while bidders kick the tires. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30758, p3
Reports on the delay on the plan of Denton, Texas, to liquidate its electric utility assets until November 1999 to give bidders more time to conduct due diligence. Deadline for final bids for the assets; Denton's stake in the Texas Municipal Power Agency (TMPA); Possible role of bidders in...
- TMPA decreases O&M expenses. Hansen, Teresa // Electric Light & Power;Aug95, Vol. 73 Issue 8, p23
Reports on the Maintenance Planning and Control (MPAC) system implemented by Texas Municipal Power Agency (TMPA) for TSW International Inc. which makes operation and maintenance (O&M) procedures more efficient and cost effective. Features; Applications; Budget; Expected savings by September 30,...
- North Carolina, Louisiana Not Sure on Electric Deregulation. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;01/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p44
Reports on North Carolina and Louisiana officials' decision to put electricity deregulation on hold. Electric and financial chaos in the California power market; Study Commission on the Future of Electric Service in North Carolina's failure to issue recommendations to the General Assembly on...
- Consumers now shop for their energy suppliers. Sundaramoorthy // Business News New Jersey;01/04/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p49
Focuses on the impact of deregulation on electric utilities in New Jersey. Restructuring of Newark's PSEG; Decision of Morristown's GPU to leave the generation business; Effect of the merger of Conectiv with Delmarva. INSET: On the water front..
- Unnecessary Legislation. Schimmoller, Brian K. // Power Engineering;Jul99, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p3
Looks at the United States national deregulation bill on electricity. Components of the legislation; Impact of the bill to Montana and Washington electricity rates; Observations on the electric power industry.
- Dutch speed up market opening. // International Power Generation;Dec99/Jan2000, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p5
Reports that the Dutch Economics Ministry will seek to move forward the opening of the electricity market to small consumers and households in 2003 from the current 2007.
- Up yours delays. Ockenden, James // International Power Generation;Jun2000, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p7
Comments on the European Union's (EU) call for work on deregulation of the electricity industries of member nations. France's decision to further delay electricity deregulation; Proposal regarding the greater unbundling of operational and accounting aspects; How Finland, Germany and Great...