FIBROPLASTIC PARIETAL ENDOCARDITIS WITH EOSINOPHILIA
- Coxsackie B1 Endocarditis. Bharucha, Pilco E.; Nair, K. G. // Clinical Pediatrics;Feb1975, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p186
Describes a boy with Coxsackie myocarditis, severe congestive failure, and mitral and rheumatic incompetence. Heart examination; Roentgenogram of the thorax; Treatment for congestive failure with digitalis and furosemide; Various causes of infective myocarditis; Stubbornness of the circulatory...
- Right Lower Quadrant Pain in a 2-Year-Old Boy. Heim-Hall, Josefine; Towell, Brian; Saldivar, Victor A. // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Jun2003, Vol. 127 Issue 6, pe269
Provides information on the case of a boy with right lower quadrant pain. Differential diagnosis of gastrointestinal eosinophilia; Nonparasitic causes of gastrointestinal eosinophilia; Definite diagnosis of angiostrongyliasis.
- Accidental finding of a giant right coronary artery aneurysm associated with a fistula to the right atrium. Vaz Silva, Patrícia; Marinho, Joana Castro; Pires, António // Cardiology in the Young;Jun2014, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p528
Coronary artery fistulae are uncommon but may be haemodynamically significant, being an incidental finding in 0.1â€“0.2% of coronary angiograms. Even rarer is the association between fistulae and non-atherosclerotic coronary artery aneurysms. They most frequently originate in the right...
- Hydroxychloroquine-induced DRESS syndrome. Volpe, Alessandro; Marchetta, Antonio; Caramaschi, Paola; Biasi, Domenico; Bambara, Lisa Maria; Arcaro, Guido // Clinical Rheumatology;Apr2008, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p537
The authors describe the first case of drug rash with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms syndrome caused by hydroxychloroquine treatment in a male patient affected by seronegative arthritis.
- Papuloerythroderma of Ofuji - a case report. Iffat Hassan; Mashkoor Ahmad; Qazi Manaan; Sajjad Hussain; Qazi Masood // Journal of Pakistan Association of Dermatologists;Jan-Mar2013, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p103
Papuloerythroderma of Ofuji is an uncommon skin condition seen in elderly patients characterized by pruritic eruption of infiltrating papules with sparing of large folds of skin. Very few cases have been reported in the literature and the frequent association of this rare entity with laboratory...
- Eosinophilia and hyperimmunoglobulinemia E as the presenting manifestations of Wegenerâ€™s granulomatosis. Kamali, S.; Kasapoglu, E.; Aktürk, F.; Gül, A.; Inanc, M.; Öcal, L.; Aral, O.; Konice, M. // Clinical Rheumatology;Oct2003, Vol. 22 Issue 4/5, p333
Eosinophilia has long been known as a hallmark of Churg-Strauss syndrome but has rarely been reported in Wegenerâ€™s granulomatosis (WG). Here we describe a patient with WG who had skin, kidney and lung involvement as well as striking peripheral eosinophilia and hyperimmunoglobulinaemia E...
- Five years since the discovery of FIP1L1-PDGFRA: what we have learned about the fusion and other molecularly defined eosinophilias. Gotlib, J.; Cools, J. // Leukemia (08876924);Nov2008, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p1999
The year 2008 marks the fifth anniversary since the publication which identified the FIP1L1-PDGFRA fusion gene in patients with idiopathic hypereosinophilia. With the benefit of time, a more comprehensive picture has emerged regarding several characteristics of the fusion, including its...
- Endomyocardial Disease and Eosinophilia. Felice, Philip V.; Sawicki, Janusz; Anto, Joseph // Angiology;Nov1993, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p869
The authors discuss the hypereosinophilic syndrome: incidence, terminology, cytotoxicity, clinical presentation and diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment, and they provide a literature review.
- A Dobutamine paradox: eosinophilic myocarditis in the explanted heart of a 9-year-old girl undergoing cardiac transplantation. Fenton, Matthew; Burch, Mike; Sebire, Neil // Cardiology in the Young;Oct2005, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p520
We describe a 9-year-old girl who was noted to have eosinophilic myocarditis in her native heart after it was explanted during cardiac transplantation. On the basis of absence of evidence for primary or secondary eosinophilia, we suggest that the prolonged use of dobutamine prior to...