ANOMALOUS ORIGIN OF A SINGLE CORONARY ARTERY FROM THE INNOMINATE ARTERY
- Assessment of myocardial viability using F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose/Tc-99m sestamibi dual-isotope simultaneous acquisition SPECT: Comparison with Tl-201 stress-reinjection SPECT. Wu, Yen-Wen; Huang, Por-Jau; Lee, Chii-Ming; Ho, Yi-Lwun; Lin, Lung-Chun; Wang, Tzung-Dau; Wang, Shoei-Shen; Chen, Tony Hsiu-Hsi; Yen, Ruoh-Fang // Journal of Nuclear Cardiology;Jul2005, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p451
Background: This study compared technetium 99m sestamibi/fluorine 18 fluorodeoxyglucose dual-isotope simultaneous acquisition (DISA) with stress-reinjection thallium 201 single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) with regard to their ability to detect myocardial viability. Methods and...
- intracoronary. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1223
A definition of the term "intracoronary" which means within the coronary arteries is presented.
- pneumatocardia. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1810
A definition of the medical term "pneumatocardia," which refers to air or gas in the heart chambers, is presented.
- Tripleright coronary artery accompanied by an ectopic circumflex artery arising from right sinus of Valsalva. Yalta, Kenan; Yontar, Osman Can; Yılmaz, Mehmet Birhan; Erdem, Alim; Onur Turgut, Okan; Ahmet Yilmaz; Manduz, Şinasi; Tandoğan, Izzet // Anatolian Journal of Cardiology / Anadolu Kardiyoloji Dergisi;Feb2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, pE1
The article presents a case of a 41-year-old man who was hospitalized due to tripleright coronary artery accompanied by an ectopic circumflex artery arising from a right sinus of valsalva.
- New methods of making blocked coronary arteries patent again. Corr, Laura // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/3/94, Vol. 309 Issue 6954, p579
Discusses different procedures for clearing blocked coronary arteries. Simpson Coronary AtheroCath; Transluminal extraction catheter; Devices that ablate the plaque in situ. INSETS: Technical problems with balloon angioplasty;Modes of action of laser energy.
- 381 In vivo validation of velocity profiles in coronary arteries- the shape factor is a variable. Matthews, F.; Aschkenasy, S.; Roffi, M.; Kaufmann, P.; Namdar, M.; Oechslin, E.; Jenni, R. // European Journal of Echocardiography;2003, Vol. 4 Issue suppl_1, pS45
An abstract of the article "In vivo validation of velocity profiles in coronary arteries-the shape factor is a variable" by F. Matthews, M. Namdar and S. Aschkenasy is presented.
- Coronary artery anomaly: what does not fit the patient or the interpretation? Andreou, A. Y. // European Review for Medical & Pharmacological Sciences;Jun2014 Supplement, Vol. 18, p1682
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Left Descending Coronary Artery Arising From Anomalous Distal Circumflex Coronary Artery: A Previously Unreported Coronary Artery Anomaly," by Z. Stajic, R. Romanovic and B. Lazovic in the 2013 issue.
- Editorial: Recent Developments in Micron-Scale Optical Imaging of Intact, Living Heart and Vasculature. Bub, Gil; Rubart, Michael; Coronel, Ruben // Frontiers in Physiology;10/26/2016, Vol. 7, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editors discuss recent developments in micron-scale optical imaging of intact, living heart and vasculature.
- Palliative Combined Percutaneous Balloon Aortic Valvuloplasty and Unprotected Left Main Stenting in End Stage Renal Disease. Dorfman, Todd A.; Aqel, Raed // Current Cardiology Reviews;2010, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p41
With the aging population and high prevalence of atherosclerosis, an increasing number of patients presenting with heart failure and angina are found to have severe coronary artery disease and severe valvular disease. These patients tend to have multiple co-morbidities such as end stage renal...