NONINVASIVE DETECTION AND EVALUATION STROKE-PRONE PATIENTS
- UTILIZATION OF A TOMOGRAPHIC ATTACHMENT FOR "MOVING BAND" ARTERIOGRAPHY. Kovac, Alexander; Yen-Zen Kuo // Angiology;Apr1977, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p276
By using a slit plate, scanographic arterial studies can be performed with a tomographic attachment of an X-ray unit that is normally used for routine radiographic examinations. The expense is minimal and no structural changes are necessary.
- Can Magnetic Resonance Angiography Replace Contrast Arteriography? Turnipseed, William D.; Grist, Thomas M. // Vascular Surgery;May/Jun1996, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p177
Offers views on the potential of magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) to replace contrast arteriography. Problems with MRA; Factors attributed to the opinion that MRA will replace the diagnostic conventional arteriography performed in the U.S.; Results of clinical trials evaluating carotid MRA...
- EMERGENCY CEREBRAL ARTERIOGRAPHY IN ACUTE HEAD INJURY. White, Robert J.; Verdura, Javier; Locke, George E. // Angiology;Feb1966, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p72
Cerebral arteriography was performed as an initial diagnostic test in a group of 50 serious head injuries. Of these patients, 20 were found to harbor significant mass lesions requiring intracranial surgery. Cerebral vascular survey is recommended as an important emergency study in serious brain...
- Recent Subsegmental Splenic Infarction: Hypervascular Appearance on Angiography. Rees, Chet R.; Becker, Gary J.; Roe, Susan; Dalsing, Michael // Angiology;Nov1986, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p793
The authors describe a case of a focal splenic infarction with a hypervascular appearance on selective splenic arteriography. This appearance of splenic infarction has never before been reported. Angiographers should be aware of this unusual presentation of splenic infarction when they encounter...
- Diagnostic yield of elective coronary angiography. Kuritzky, Louis // Alternative Medicine Alert;May2010 Supplement, p10
The article discusses a study on the low diagnostic yield of elective coronary angiography, results of which suggest that improvement needs to be done on the diagnostic yield based upon current practice.
- Determination of optimal viewing regions for X-ray coronary angiography based on a quantitative analysis of 3D reconstructed models. Babak Movassaghi; Andrew Klein; S.-Y. James Chen; John Messenger; Adam Hansgen; Onno Wink; Bertron Groves; John Carroll // International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging;Jun2009, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p455
AbstractÂ Â Current expert-recommended views for coronary angiography are based on heuristic experience and have not been scientifically studied. We sought to identify optimal viewing regions for first and second order vessel segments of the coronary arteries that provide optimal diagnostic...
- Incidental extracardiac findings at cardiac CT angiography: comparison of prevalence and clinical significance between precontrast low-dose whole thoracic scan and postcontrast retrospective ECG-gated cardiac scan. Jin Kim; Eun-Young Kang; Yoon Kim; Ok Woo; Yu-Whan Oh; Ki Lee; Heon Han // International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging;Apr2009 Supplement 1, Vol. 25, p75
AbstractÂ Â Purpose To compare the prevalence and clinical significance of incidental extracardiac findings at cardiac CT angiography (CCTA) with precontrast low-dose whole thoracic scan (LDCT) and ECG-gated CCTA. Materials and Methods We reviewed 254 patients who underwent CCTA. All...
- arteriography. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p68
An encyclopedia entry for "arteriography" is presented. It refers to an alternative name for angiography, an X-ray technique for imaging arteries.
- Act Quickly When Stroke Symptoms Strike. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Apr2001, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p3
Presents a research finding by the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey which revealed that hesitation in early reporting of the event of stroke could limit the effectiveness of treatments doctors can use. Background on stroke; Significance of early diagnosis of stroke; Warning...