PAPAVERINE AS AN ANTIARRHYTHMIC AGENT
- STUDIES WITH DILATOL, A VASODILATOR SUBSTANCE. Riddell, A. G.; Steel, M.; McCoy, J. M. // Angiology;Aug1954, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p314
The effects of Dilatol have been observed in normal adults. When injected intramuscularly in doses of 5 mg and when given by mouth in doses of 10 mg it produces a fall in blood pressure with little effect on the pulse rate. The effect on blood pressure is largely to lower the diastolic pressure...
- QUANTITATIVE MEASUREMENTS OF RESPONSES TO VASO-DILATORS. Brandman, Otto; Waid, Margaret; Redisch, Walter // Angiology;Aug1951, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p293
1. Oscillometry has proven of no help in the evaluation of acute responses to vaso-dilator drugs. 2. Surface temperature changes do not permit conclusive interpretation unless they are recorded automatically in a constant temperature room under controlled conditions with the use of tested criteria.
- ACTION OF BETA-PYRIDIL CARBINOL (RONIACOL) ON THE PERIPHERAL CIRCULATION OF NORMAL PERSONS AND IN CERTAIN PATHOLOGIC STATES. Castro, Carlos M.; de Soldati, Le�n // Angiology;Apr1953, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p165
Reports on a study to test the effect of beta-pyridil carbinol, available under the name of Roniacol, on a group of 40 subjects, 17 without peripheral angiopathy. Oral, intramuscular, intravenous and intra-arterial administration of Roniacol; Vasodilatory action which was shown fundamentally at...
- SimvastatÄ±n improves endothelial function in patents with subclinical hypothyroidism. Duman, Dursun; Sahin, Sinan; Esertas, Kenan; Demirtunc, Refik // Heart & Vessels;Mar2007, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p88
Patients with subclinical hypothyroidism (SCH) have impaired endothelial function probably related to dyslipidemia. The present study compares the effects of simvastatin versus levothyroxine (LT-4) treatment on lipid profile and endothelial function in patients with SCH. Fifty-nine patients with...
- A NEW VASODILATING AND ANTISPASMODIC AGENT: ISOXSUPRINE HYDROCHLORIDE. Kaindl, F.; Samuels, S. S.; Selman, D.; Shaftel, H. // Angiology;Aug1959 Part 1, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p185
Isoxsuprine (Vasodilan) is an effective and safe drug, at the recommended dosages, for symptomatic treatment of patients suffering from any of several disorders of peripheral or intracraneal circulation. This statement is supported by published reports and by our own experience. In addition...
- CLINICAL STUDIES OF NORPACE (Part III). Kalmansohn, Robert G. // Angiology;Jan1975 Part 2, Vol. 26, p137
Examines the effectiveness of Norpace therapy among patients who had been on antiarrhythmic agents. Indications of toxicity in anticholinergic effects; Medical history of the patients; Use of oral Norpace in controlling ventricular tachycardia.
- THE PHYSIOLOGY OF VASODILATATION. Beck, Lloyd; Brody, Michael J. // Angiology;Jun1961, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p202
The article discusses work in the field of the physiology of vasodilatation. In contrast to passive dilatation which is brought about by a decrease in constrictor substance, active dilatation reflects an increase in vasoactive substance at the blood vessel level. Active dilatation also differs...
- ARTERIOGRAPHIC DEMONSTRATION OF CORONARY ARTERY SPASM AND ITS RELEASE AFTER THE USE OF A VASODILATOR IN A CASE OF ANGINA PECTORIS AND IN THE EXPERIMENTAL ANIMAL. Gensini, Goffredo G.; di Giorgi, Salvatore; Murad-Netto, Stans; Black, Asher // Angiology;Dec1962, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p550
We have presented a ease of angina pectoris with arteriographic demonstration of spasm of the coronary arteries. Experimental evidence has been offered favoring a causal relationship between the release of this spasm and the administration of a new coronary vasodilator.
- PHARMACOLOGY OF NEUROHYPOPHYSEAL HORMONES AND THEIR SYNTHETIC ANALOGUES IN THE TERMINAL VASCULAR BED. Altura, Burton M.; Hershey, S. G. // Angiology;Jul1967, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p428
A study was undertaken to determine the vasoactive properties of the natural mammalian neurohypophyseal hormones-vasopressin and oxytocinï¿½ along with several of their synthetic analogues. Vascular smooth muscle actions were studied by direct microscopic visualization of the rat mesoappendix...