Minoxidil in Severe and Moderately Severe Hypertension, in Association with Methyldopa and Chlortalidone
- Safety of Topical Minoxidil Solution: A One-Year, Prospective, Observational Study. Shapiro, Jerry // Journal of Cutaneous Medicine & Surgery;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p322
Background: Topical minoxidil solution (TMS) is widely used for androgenetic alopecia (AGA), and this is the first report of a large safety trial. Objectives: The aim of the study was to evaluate the safety profile of TMS by comparing hospitalization and death rates among subjects using TMS with...
- Perindopril: the evidence of its therapeutic impact in hypertension. Thomson, Andrew; Greenacre, Mary // Core Evidence;2007, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p63
Introduction: Effective antihypertensive therapy reduces the risk of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease and death. Perindopril, a long-acting angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, is an established antihypertensive agent administered as a once-daily tablet. Aims: To review...
- minoxidil. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p509
An encyclopedia entry for "minoxidil" is presented. It is a vasodilator drug used to treat severe hypertension. Hair growth, especially on the face, is stimulated by a prolonged use of the drug. This side effect is beneficial for male-pattern baldness. to stimulate hair regrowth, preparations...
- Agent for hair growth available in two concentrations. Meszaros, Liz // Dermatology Times;Oct95, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p24
Reports that topical minoxidil in concentrations of two percent and five percent stimulates increases in hair weight, anagen growth and hair protein production. Retardation of hair thinning; Distinction of the effects of the two concentrations.
- Minoxidil. // Reactions Weekly;Jul2014, Vol. 1511 Issue 1, p32
The article informs that a study entitled "Minoxidil induced hypertrichosis in children" was published in the June 2014 issue of the "Journal der Deutschen Dermatologischen Gesellschaft."
- Rogaine Launches New Treatment for Women. // MMR;2/23/2015, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p18
The article reports that hair re-growth medication brand Rogaine has launched a hair re-growth treatment using Minoxidil called Women'sRogaine 5% Minoxidil Topical Aerosol.
- Minoxidil in the Treatment of Refractory Hypertension. Rosenthal, Talma; Swartz, Jacob; Teicher, Avishai; Boichis, Hayim // Angiology;Feb1980, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p109
Minoxidil, a powerful vasodilator, is a very effective antihypertensive drug. It was used to treat 22 patients, most of whom were refractory to conventional antihypertensive medication. There was a swift and definite drop of blood pressure in all cases. In 7 patients with renal disease, renal...
- Predictors of antihypertensive response to a standard dose of hydrochlorothiazide for essential hypertension. Chapman, Arlene B; Schwartz, Gary L; Boerwinkle, Eric; Turner, Stephen T // Kidney International;Mar2002, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p1047
Predictors of antihypertensive response to a standard dose of hydrochlorothiazide for essential hypertension. Background. Determinants of inter-individual variation in blood pressure (BP) response to antihypertensive therapy remain largely unknown. Although differences in race, age and measures...
- Antihypertensive Medication Nonadherence and Blood Pressure. Kuritzky, Louis // Internal Medicine Alert;8/15/2011 Supplement 2, p119
The article reports on the impact of daily adherence to antihypertensive medication on the control of blood pressure.