Nassau County, N.Y., Ended 2004 With $75 Million Surplus
- CONNECTICUT: Surplus May Trim Borrowing. Patnaik, Priti // Bond Buyer;7/26/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33355, p9
The article reports on the impact of a budget surplus of 393.3 million U.S. dollars on planned borrowing in Connecticut in fiscal 2010.
- Md. Registers Surplus Despite National Woes. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;8/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31215, p4
Reports on the budget surplus for the fiscal year of 2001 in Maryland. Impact of increase income and estate tax revenues on budget surplus; Effects of the economic slowdown on bond financing; Need to place surplus exceeding 10 million dollars into the Revenue Stabilization Account.
- West Virginia's $25 Million Surplus Exceeds Projections. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;7/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31175, p39
Announces the budgetary surplus in West Virginia as of June 2001. Comparison between general revenue and official revenue; Implementation of spending reduction; Revenue collections for taxes.
- Suozzi's attack is counterproductive. Kiernan, John // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/9/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 16, p13A
Comments on the political moves made by Nassau County Executive Thomas Suozzi in New York.Criticism of political observers on the tactics used by Suozzi to advance the interests of his county. Estimated amount of state income taxes the taxpayers; Need for new revenues to cover additional cost.
- Suozzi's proposed tax may seem tiny, but it could add up for QSRs. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;7/27/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 27, p102
The article reports on the advantage of the tax proposal of Nassau County executive Thomas Suozzi among Quick-Service Restaurants (QSRs) in Long Island, New York. It mentions that the tax proposal which is part of Suozzi's Healthy Nassau initiative will impose the 2% additional charge for the...
- DATA POINT. // Crain's New York Business;1/4/2016, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p0004
The article estimates that rising income and property-tax revenue in New York City will generate a budget surplus seven times more than anticipated in the mayor's budget in 2016, according to the city's publicly funded agency Independent Budget Office (IBO).
- Cash Management Will Be Increasingly Necessary For Retirees. De Simone, Marcella // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/25/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 47, p44
Reports on the growing necessity of cash management for retirees in the United States according to study findings from the North Carolina State University. Indications of how cash management strategies will affect people planning an early retirement; Comparison of the retirement needs of men...
- AND FURTHERMORE... // Motor;Jul2003, p121
Not content with blowing the huge budget surplus left to it by the previous Liberal rulers, the Victorian Government in Australia is whingeing because the massive revenue from speed trapsâ€” close to $400 million this year, up from $271 million in 2002 â€” is actually...
- Surplus May Spark Refund. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;12/21/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33636, p7
The article reports on the latest revenue projections in relation to the 2011 fiscal year with a 1.8 billion dollars surplus that would trigger refund to taxpayers in Indiana.