NEWS IN BRIEF
- Summertime view. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;6/20/2005, Vol. 34 Issue 51, p9
Provides information on the U.S. economic performance in 2003 and 2004. Quarterly U.S. economic growth in the said period; Factors that contributed to the expected budget deficit for fiscal year 2005 ended September 30, 2005; Unemployment rate to date in 2005.
- A Strong U.S. Economy Won't Help Us. Scarry, Donald M. // njbiz;1/5/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p12
Discusses the effect of an improvement in the U.S. economy on New Jersey. Reasons behind the growth of the economy in 2004; Budget deficit of the state.
- Global ABCs. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;1/11/2010, Vol. 39 Issue 31, p7
The article offers an outlook on the economic performance of the U.S. and around the globe. Corporate anxiety is expected to continue while budget deficits are also forecasted to increase if excessive government spending continues. Also projected is the economic growth of China, Europe, Japan,...
- Wholesale Sales Unch; Inventories Rose in Feb. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;4/10/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32357, p2
The article reports on the increase in inventories of merchant wholesalers by 0.8 percent during the month of February 2006 in the U.S. Sales remain at its place according to the Department of Commerce. The inventories of merchant amounted to 365.5 billion dollars, following a revised 0.2...
- Summertime view. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;6/22/2009, Vol. 38 Issue 52, p9
The article presents an outlook on the economy of various countries. It relates that most of the forecasting economists expect the U.S. economy to start its recovery in the July to September 2009 quarter. Information is presented on the budget deficits and unemployment rate in the U.S. The...
- Economic outlook for 2005. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/20/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 26, p9
Presents an outlook for the U.S. economy in 2005. Occurrence of deficit reductions in the federal budget; Reductions in unemployment; Gains in worker productivity.
- Business Sales Up 0.8% Inventories Climb 0.3%. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;7/16/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32919, p2
The article reports that the data released by the U.S. Department of Commerce show that business inventories were up by 0.3% and sales levels rose by 0.8% in May 2008. It states that business inventories rose to $1.479 billion following the unrevised 0.5% gain in April 2008 to $1.474 billion. It...
- Sustaining strong growth and social cohesion: key challenges. // OECD Economic Surveys: United States;May2004, Vol. 2004 Issue 7, p25
Discusses the economic challenges that are needed to be addressed in order to sustain robust expansion in the U.S. Economic situation of the U.S. as of May 2004; Contributions to gross domestic product growth; Factors that led to the growth of budget deficits at the federal and state level;...
- The financial state of the states. Drucker, Vanessa // Fund Strategy;8/17/2009, p11
The article discusses the financial state of states in the U.S. It mentions that critical shortfalls are showing in three different states including housing burst in Arizona and Nevada, fiscal and economic uneasiness in Michigan and Rhode Island, and latecomers that rely heavily on financial...