Renal Haemodynamics in Essential Hypertension Assessed by 133-Xenon Washout and Selective Renal Angiography
- Assessment of left ventricular geometrical patterns and function among hypertensive patients at a tertiary hospital, Northern Tanzania. Silangei, Lairumbe Korduni; Maro, Venance Philis; Diefenthal, Helmut; Kapanda, Gibson; Dewhurst, Matthew; Mwandolela, Hery; Hamel, Ben // BMC Cardiovascular Disorders;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p109
Background: With hypertension, the cardiovascular system changes to adapt to the varying neuro-humoral and hemodynamic changes and this may lead to the development of different left ventricular geometric patterns, each carrying a different risk profile for major adverse cardiovascular...
- Hypertension -- Noninvasive Testing. // Current Medical Literature: Nephrology & Hypertension;2006, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p132
The article presents an abstract of the research "How long shall the patient rest before clinic blood pressure measurement?," by C. Sala and colleagues, published in the 2006 issue of the "American Journal of Hypertension." In the study, researchers monitored the changes in the arterial blood...
- Acute hypercalcemic hypertension in man: Role of hemodynamics, catecholamines, and renin. Marone, Claudio; Beretta-Piccoli, Carlo; Weidmann, Peter // Kidney International;Jul1981, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p92
The effect of acute hypercalcemia on blood pressure, blood volume, hemodynamic parameters, plasma norepinephrine, epinephrine, dopamine, renin, and aldosterone concentrations was investigated. After 1 hour of equilibration, 10 patients received an infusion of calcium gluconate in 5% dextrose...
- PREHYPERTENSION AND THE EMPEROR'S NEW INVISIBLE SUIT. // Health & Stress;2003, Issue 7, p1
Focuses on the disease category called prehypertension. Sodium restriction; White coat hypertension; Angiotension converting enzyme inhibitor; Suggestions on how to prevent prehypertension.
- Is JNC-7 Dï¿½jï¿½ Vu All Over Again? // Health & Stress;2003, Issue 7, p7
Comments on the documentation and promulgation of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation and Treatment of High Blood Pressure (JNC-7) guidelines in the U.S. Requirement for all Federal rules, including guidelines that affect the public, to be written and promulgated...
- Summary of the sixth report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation,... Kolasa, Kathryn M. // Journal of Nutrition Education;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p114
Presents a summary of the sixth report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure (JNC VI). Prevention and treatment of high blood pressure; Updated treatment strategies for high blood pressure; Role of specific nutrients and diet...
- Systolic Blood Pressure Elevation: It's Where the Action Is. Basile, Jan N. // Drugs & Aging;2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p287
Examines on the role of systolic blood pressure elevation in predicting people's risk in cardiovascular disease. Proportion between cardiovascular disease and blood pressure control; Focus of blood pressure research on diastolic blood pressure elevations; Benefits from the treatment of systolic...
- Hearing Hoof Beats: The Latest on the Sometimes it's PH Campaign. Brown, Lynn // Advances in Pulmonary Hypertension;Summer2013, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p102
The article reports on some of the challenges in diagnosing pulmonary hypertension (PH).
- GUEST EDITOR'S MEMO. Burger, Charles D.; Forfia, Paul R. // Advances in Pulmonary Hypertension;Summer2013, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p50
The authors comment on the challenges faced by patients with pulmonary hypertension (PH).