Renal Haemodynamics in Essential Hypertension Assessed by 133-Xenon Washout and Selective Renal Angiography
- Assessment of left ventricular geometrical patterns and function among hypertensive patients at a tertiary hospital, Northern Tanzania. Silangei, Lairumbe Korduni; Maro, Venance Philis; Diefenthal, Helmut; Kapanda, Gibson; Dewhurst, Matthew; Mwandolela, Hery; Hamel, Ben // BMC Cardiovascular Disorders;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p109
Background: With hypertension, the cardiovascular system changes to adapt to the varying neuro-humoral and hemodynamic changes and this may lead to the development of different left ventricular geometric patterns, each carrying a different risk profile for major adverse cardiovascular...
- Hypertension -- Noninvasive Testing. // Current Medical Literature: Nephrology & Hypertension;2006, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p132
The article presents an abstract of the research "How long shall the patient rest before clinic blood pressure measurement?," by C. Sala and colleagues, published in the 2006 issue of the "American Journal of Hypertension." In the study, researchers monitored the changes in the arterial blood...
- Acute hypercalcemic hypertension in man: Role of hemodynamics, catecholamines, and renin. Marone, Claudio; Beretta-Piccoli, Carlo; Weidmann, Peter // Kidney International;Jul1981, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p92
The effect of acute hypercalcemia on blood pressure, blood volume, hemodynamic parameters, plasma norepinephrine, epinephrine, dopamine, renin, and aldosterone concentrations was investigated. After 1 hour of equilibration, 10 patients received an infusion of calcium gluconate in 5% dextrose...
- Antihypertensive Prescriptions in China. Kawada, Tomoyuki // American Journal of Hypertension;May2014, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p761
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Hypertension Control in Community Health Centers Across China: Analysis of Antihypertensive Drug Treatment Patterns," by Z. Wang and colleagues.
- Hypertension: Prevalence, Risks, and Effect of Therapy. Kaplan, Norman M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;May83 Part 2, Vol. 98 Issue 5, p705
Provides information on hypertension. Definition of hypertension; Assessment of risk of hypertension; Benefit of action; Risks and costs of therapy for hypertension.
- Refractory hypertension in a 49-year-old man. Makrilakis, Konstantinos H.; Neri Jr., Gilberto S. // Patient Care;1/15/1999, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p168
Discusses a case of refractory hypertension in a 49-year-old man. Clinical signs of the patient; Differential diagnosis for a patient with hypertension and hypokalemia; Drugs prescribed for the patient.
- Watch your waist. Cohen, Sharon; L.T. // Shape;Jun2004, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p116
Reports that a woman whose waistline measures 34.6 inches or more is at significant risk for developing high blood pressure within a few years.
- Don't let silent killer take away health. Denny, Roger // Charlotte Post;1/5/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 17, p1B
The author offers information on high blood pressure, a condition known as the silent killer because the patients do not experience symptoms and do not seek treatment.
- Understanding high blood pressure. PRYOR, EVELYN // Charlotte Post;11/10/2011, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p1B
In this article, the author discusses about high blood pressure problem, also known as hypertension.