Treatment of Proctalgia Fugax with Salbutamol Inhalation
- Home Oxygen Therapy for Treatment of Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Bailey, R. Eugene // American Family Physician;9/1/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p864
Presents a clinical scenario on the practice of home oxygen therapy for the treatment of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Patients in which continuous oxygen therapy is indicated; Modes of delivery for oxygen therapy; Interventions that have proved effective in the...
- Welcome. Maynard, Doug // Canadian Journal of Respiratory Therapy;Autumn2005, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p4
The article focuses on various developments related to respiratory therapy. The Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) has been moving forward with initiatives that enhance the profile of the Society for its members, as well as providing the membership with information and...
- Respiratory Therapy in the Middle East -- Live From Beirut. Hunter, Dennis // Canadian Journal of Respiratory Therapy;Winter2004, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p5
Provides information on the respiratory therapy program at Maskassed General Hospital in Beirut, Lebanon. Modes of treatment used by respiratory therapist; Involvement of Fanshawe College in the development of respiratory therapy program at the hospital; Respiratory therapy training for staff.
- OIG: Inhalation drug suppliers provide few services. // Drug Topics;10/10/2005, Vol. 149 Issue 19, p8
This article presents the findings of a study that covered a random sample of 480 Medicare patients and 203 suppliers in the U.S., regarding the extent of refill-reminder and other services received by Medicare beneficiaries from their inhalation drug suppliers. The study found that 60 percent...
- Phentermine and Topiramate. // AHFS Consumer Medication Information;Sep2015, p1
Phentermine and topiramate extended-release (long-acting) capsules are used to help adults who are obese or who are overweight and have weight-related medical problems to lose weight and to keep from gaining back that weight. Phentermine and topiramate extended-release capsules must be used...
- DANTROLENE. GRIFFITH, H. WINTER // Complete Guide to Prescription & Nonprescription Drugs 2012;2011, p302
The article presents information on dantrolene, a muscle relaxant and antispastic drug, including its dosage, usage, adverse reactions, side effects, precautions when administering, and possible interaction with other drugs.
- carisoprodol. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p142
This article presents information on the muscle relaxant carisoprodol. This drug can be used for relaxing muscles that are in spasm. It works by an action on the central nervous system. Administration is oral. It is not used in patients with porphyria.
- ethosuximide. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p236
This article focuses on anticonvulsant and anti-epileptic ethosuximide. It can be used mainly to treat absence, myoclonic and some other types of seizure. Administration is oral. It should be administered with caution to patients with porphyria, kidney or liver impairment or who are pregnant or...
- Flax Fiber Suppresses Hunger. // Better Nutrition;Jun2012, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses research which was reported in the journal "Appetite" and found that consuming flax fiber in either liquid or tablet form suppresses hunger.