Treatment of Proctalgia Fugax with Salbutamol Inhalation
- Warning about `herbal phen-fen.' // Ebony;Jan1998, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p24
Presents answers to questions on `herbal phen-fen' product for weight loss. Its difference with the prescription diet-drug `fen-phen;' Warning to consumers from the US Food and Drugs Administration.
- FDA Actions. Elliott, William T. // Infectious Disease Alert;Feb2011 Clinical Bri, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p2
This section offers news briefs concerning the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including the removal of the breast cancer indication for bevacizumab, approval of diet pill ContraveÂ® by Orexigen Therapeutics and approval of denosumab to prevent skeletal related events in patients...
- New Diet Drug: Who Needs It? Freinkel, Susan; Fuerst, Mark L.; Krieger, Elizabeth B. // Health (Time Inc. Health);Jul/Aug99, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p13
Reports that the United States Food and Drug Administration has approved Xenical, a diet drug to prevent fat from being absorbed by the intestines. Side effects of the drug; Indications of Xenical.
- New Diet Pill Wins FDA Panel's Backing. // Tennessee Tribune;12/16/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p6B
The article reports on the approval of Contrave, a white-loss pill recommended by an expert advisory panel, by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- FDA Offers Path for Contrave Approval; Orexigen Soars. // Bioworld Week;9/26/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p1
The article reports on the possible approval of the diet pill Contrave from Orexigen Therapeutics Inc. by the U.S. Food And Drug Administration (FDA), after the company's meeting with the agency's Office of New Drugs. The FDA gave the company a chance to resolve its complete response letter...
- First Qnexa, Then Lorcaserin; Investors Watchful for Clues. Osborne, Randy // BioWorld Insight;6/7/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p3
The article focuses on the emergence of appetite suppressant drugs generally used for weight loss in the U.S. A review from a panel of U.S. Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) is set for San Diego, California-based Arena Pharmaceutical Inc.'s obesity drug lorcaserin which will coincide on the...
- Flax Fiber Suppresses Hunger. // Better Nutrition;Jun2012, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses research which was reported in the journal "Appetite" and found that consuming flax fiber in either liquid or tablet form suppresses hunger.
- Hurdles to Helium Gas Laparoscopy and a Readily Available Alternative. William J. Badger; Brian L. Gallagher; Debra J. Szeluga; Howard N. Winfield // Journal of Endourology;Nov2008, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p2455
Background and PurposeAlthough multiple series of helium insufflation-assisted laparoscopic surgery are reported, we encountered difficulty at many levels when arranging a laparoscopic nephrectomy with helium insufflation. We present our experience with attempting to use helium gas as an...
- Plasma concentrations of salbutamol in the treatment of acute asthma in a pediatric emergency. Could age be a parameter of influence? Rotta, Eloni; Amantéa, Sérgio; Froehlich, Pedro; Becker, Adriana // European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology;Jun2010, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p605
The objective was to determine if the plasma concentrations of salbutamol, obtained during inhalation treatment of infantile acute asthma, are influenced by age range and by the aerosol system used. A randomized clinical trial was conducted in 46 children (1â€“5 years of age) with a...