- COLLATERAL LYMPHATIC CIRCULATION. Moulopoulos, S. D.; Anthopoulos, L. P. // Angiology;Oct1965, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p580
A case of collateral lymphatic circulation, after obstruction to the main axial flow, is presented. Left subclavian nodes were opacified after Lipiodol- ï¿½Fï¿½ injection in a lymph vessel at the dorsum of both feet. The possible mechanism underlying this finding is discussed.
- Alternative lymphatic pathway from the arm to the transverse cervical chain. Ciucci, Luis // Journal of Phlebology & Lymphology;2012, Vol. 5, p1
This study describes a new alternative route for lymphatic drainage of the arm to the cervical region. This provides a new possibility of manual lymphatic drainage in patients with lymphedema due to dissection of the axillary lymph node chain
- A Universally Applicable Clinical Classification of Lymphedema. Miller, Albert J.; Bruna, Josef; Beninson, Joseph // Angiology;Mar1999, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p189
A simple classification of lymphedema is presented that is based solely on clinical observation. It is suggested that the universal use of such a classification would facilitate the collection of meaningful epidemiologic data and would make possible understandable comparisons of the...
- Lymphatic Tissue Transplant in Lymphedema--A Minimally Invasive, Outpatient, Surgical Method: A 10-Year Follow-up Pilot Study. Belcaro, Gianni; Errichi, Bruno M.; Cesarone, M. Rosaria; Ippolito, Edmondo; Dugall, Mark; Ledda, Andrea; Ricci, Andrea // Angiology;Feb/Mar2008, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p77
Lymphedema is mainly characterized by swelling, fibrosis, and nonpitting edema. The aim of this study was evaluation of the long-term (10 years) effects of autologus lymphatic tissue implant in lymphedema. Lymphatic tissue from 9 patients (harvested form the same patient in areas not affected by...
- Lymphatic. Vohr, Hans-Werner // Encyclopedic Reference of Immunotoxicology;2005, p401
This entry presents the definition of the term "Lymphatic." The term refers to a vessel that collects fluid from interstitial spaces and lead it via lymph nodes to the thoracic duct and blood.
- Vulval elephantiasis as a result of tubercular lymphadenitis: two case reports and a review of the literature. Chintamani; Singh, J. P.; Tandon, Megha; Khandelwal, Rohan; Aeron, Tushar; Jain, Sidharth; Narayan, Nikhil; Bamal, Rahul; Kumar, Yashwant; Srinivas, S.; Saxena, Sunita // Journal of Medical Case Reports;2010, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p1
Introduction: Elephantiasis as a result of chronic lymphedema is characterized by gross enlargement of the arms, legs or genitalia, and occurs due to a variety of obstructive diseases of the lymphatic system. Genital elephantiasis usually follows common filariasis and lymphogranuloma venereum....
- Focused Examination of Sentinel Lymph Nodes Upstages Early Colorectal Carcinoma. Wood, Thomas F.; Tsioulias, George J.; Morton, Donald L.; Rangel, Decio; Hutchinson Jr., William; Foshag, Leland J.; Bilchik, Anton J.; Turner, Roderick R. // American Surgeon;Nov2000, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p998
Approximately 30 per cent of patients with early colorectal carcinoma (CRC) develop systemic disease. A subgroup of these patients may harbor occult micrometastatic disease and might benefit from adjuvant chemotherapy. We investigated sentinel lymph node (SLN) mapping and focused pathologic...
- Two-Color Lymphatic Mapping Using Ig-Conjugated Near Infrared Optical Probes. Hama, Yukihiro; Koyama, Yoshinori; Urano, Yasuteru; Choyke, Peter L; Kobayashi, Hisataka // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Oct2007, Vol. 127 Issue 10, p2351
To map the drainage patterns of the lymphatic system, multicolor optical probes must be developed, which can be interstitially administered. These agents must be of sufficient size to be retained by the lymphatic system and permit the conjugation or incorporation of fluorescent probes with...
- LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE OF TEETH IN DOGS DEMONSTRATED BY RADIOACTIVE COLLOIDAL GOLD. KRAINTZ, LEON; TYLER, CHARLES D.; ELLIS, BENTON R. // Journal of Dental Research;Jan1959, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p198
The article reports on the results of research which was conducted in an effort to determine if there was the lymphatic drainage in the dentin and dental enamel of dog teeth. Researchers used radioactive colloidal gold and found that the localization of the radioactivity in the lymph node...