The Clinical Use of Transdermal Delivery Devices with Nitroglycerin
- PHARMACEUTICAL ASPECTS OF NICORANDIL. Hiremath, Jagadeesh G.; Valluru, Rajashekar; Jaiprakash, Narhare; Katta, Sridhar A.; Matad, Prashantha P. // International Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences;Oct2010, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p24
Nicorandil (N-[2-hydroxyethyl] nicotinamide nitrate [ester]) is one of the most emerging molecule for the treatment of hypertension and angina pectoris. Nicorandil is highly hydrophilic and having a short elimination half-life. It has various side effects such as headache, dizziness and one of...
- glyceryl trinitrate. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p345
An encyclopedia entry for "glyceryl trinitrate' is presented. This is a vasodilator drug that is used for treating and preventing angina pectoris or chest pain due to inadequate blood supply to the heart. Glyceryl trinitrate is sometimes prescribed to treat anal fissures, available in tablets...
- nitroglycerin. // Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses, 10th edition;2007, p868
The article offers a nursing guide to nitroglycerin. This drug is used for the acute and long-term prophylatic management of angina pectoris. Its pharmacokinetics, contraindications, precautions, side effects, and interactions with other drugs are stated briefly. Its nursing implications are...
- Effectiveness of transdermal nitroglycerin therapy. // American Family Physician;9/1/1995, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p1006
Presents an abstract from the March 1, 1995 issue of the `Circulation,' regarding the effectiveness of transdermal nitroglycerin therapy for angina pectoris.
- Transdermal Nitroglycerin Patches in Angina Pectoris. Thadanu, Udho; Hamilton, Stepehn F.; Olson, Edwin; Anderson, Jerome; Voyles, Wyatt; Prasad, Rajesh; Teague, Stephen M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Oct86, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p485
Presents a study which examined the duration of the effect of transdermal nitroglycerin patches in angina pectoris. Methods; Results; Discussion.
- Management of angina in the older adult. Tierney, Paul; McKenna, Niall // Nursing & Residential Care;Feb2014, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p78
No abstract available.
- glyceryl trinitrate. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p271
This article presents information on glyceryl trinitrate which is a short-acting vasodilator and anti-angina drug used to prevent attacks of angina pectoris. It works by dilating the blood vessels returning blood to the heart and so reducing the workload of the heart. Its effect can be extended...
- Assessment of dermal glyceryl trinitrate and isosorbide dinitrate for patients with angina pectoris. Hubner, Peter J.B.; Jones, Peter R.M.; Galer, Ian A.R. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);2/16/1985, Vol. 290 Issue 6467, p514
Assesses the effectivity of dermal glyceryl trinitrate and isosorbide dinitrate for patients with angina pectoris in Great Britain. Use of dermal nitrate in the treatment of angina; Side effects of the glyceryl trinitrate treatment; Comparison between dermal nitrate preparations and oral...
- Nitroglycerin Transdermal Patch. // AHFS Consumer Medication Information;Oct2016, p1
Nitroglycerin transdermal patches are used to prevent episodes of angina (chest pain) in people who have coronary artery disease (narrowing of the blood vessels that supply blood to the heart). Nitroglycerin transdermal patches can only be used to prevent attacks of angina; they cannot be used...