Strain Gauge Plethysmography in the Study of Circulation of the Limbs
- The high-pressure demands of compartment syndrome. Lavin, Roseann J. // RN;Feb89, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p22
Presents information on compartment syndrome, an increase pressure that reduces blood flow to the tissues. Causes of compartment syndrome; Effect of muscle damage on the body; Cardinal sign of compartment syndrome.
- Painful Subcutaneous Hemorrhages of the Extremities with Unusual Reaction to Injected Deoxyribonucleic Acid. Little, Adam S.; Bell, Harold E. // Annals of Internal Medicine;May64, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p886
Examines a case of painful hemorrhage of the extremities with unusual reaction to injected DNA. Clinical manifestations; Results of diagnostic examinations; Disease overview; Treatment regimen.
- Compartment Syndrome of the Forearm Following Extravasation of Mannitol in an Unconscious Patient. Stahl, S.; Lerner, A. // Acta Neurochirurgica;Aug2000, Vol. 142 Issue 8, p945
Describes a case report of compartment syndrome of the forearm following extravasation of mannitol in an unconscious patient. Common causes of compartment syndrome; Surgical decompression of the forearm compartment; Reduction of the forearm edema post-operation; Performance of delayed primary...
- Dalteparin sodium/heparin. // Reactions Weekly;4/4/2009, Issue 1246, p14
The article describes the cases of two women who developed compartment syndrome of the arm after being treated with unfractionated heparin or unfractionated heparin and dalteparin sodium. The first patient, who received heparin is 56 years old and was hospitalised with unstable angina and...
- Metachronous Acute Compartment Syndromes. Ortmann IV, Fred W.; Carr, James B. // Orthopedics;Jul2006, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p647
Presents a case report of a patient who was treated for separate compartment syndromes. Medical history; Discussion on the development of compartment syndrome after muscle contusion; Effect of forearm compartment syndrome on the volar compartment.
- Medical Management Of Severe Intra-abdominal Hypertension With Aggressive Diuresis And Continuous Ultra-filtration. Vachharajani, Vidula; Scott, L. Keith; Grier, Laurie; Conrad, Steven // Internet Journal of Emergency & Intensive Care Medicine;2003, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p41
This report discribes a patient with acute intra-abdominal hypertension, with subsequent abdominal compartment syndrome, treated non-operatively with a combination of diuresis and continuous ulta-filtration. This therapuetic modality provided ample reduction in intra-abdominal pressures and...
- Acute compartment syndrome of the anterior thigh following quadriceps strain in a footballer. Burns, B. J.; Sproule, J; Smyth, H // British Journal of Sports Medicine;Apr2004, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p218
A rare case is presented of acute anterior compartment syndrome in the thigh of a footballer caused by an acute quadriceps strain, exacerbated by poor first aid and alcohol ingestion. Decompressive fasciotomy with subsequent split skin grafting of the wound defect resulted in a satisfactory...
- Exercise induced compartment syndrome in a professional footballer. E Cetintis, M B; M Uzel, M B; E Biigic, M B; A Karaoguz, M B; M Herciem, M B // British Journal of Sports Medicine;Apr2004, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p227
Recurrent pain in the lower leg caused by exercise is a common problem in athletes. The main causes are exercise induced compartment syndrome, periostitis of the tibia, stress fracture, venous diseases, obliterative arterial diseases, and shin splints. Exercise induced compartment syndrome is...
- Secondary Abdominal Compartment Syndrome in a Patientwith Isolated Extraperitoneal Injuries. Chamisa, Inchien // European Journal of Trauma & Emergency Surgery;Jun2008, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p313
The abdominal compartment syndrome (ACS) is defined as increased intra-abdominal pressure (IAP) associated with adverse physiologic consequences. The ACS ismost commonly diagnosed in patients sustaining abdominal or pelvic trauma, or suffering some other intraabdominal hemorrhagic catastrophe....