Strain Gauge Plethysmography in the Study of Circulation of the Limbs
- The high-pressure demands of compartment syndrome. Lavin, Roseann J. // RN;Feb89, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p22
Presents information on compartment syndrome, an increase pressure that reduces blood flow to the tissues. Causes of compartment syndrome; Effect of muscle damage on the body; Cardinal sign of compartment syndrome.
- Painful Subcutaneous Hemorrhages of the Extremities with Unusual Reaction to Injected Deoxyribonucleic Acid. Little, Adam S.; Bell, Harold E. // Annals of Internal Medicine;May64, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p886
Examines a case of painful hemorrhage of the extremities with unusual reaction to injected DNA. Clinical manifestations; Results of diagnostic examinations; Disease overview; Treatment regimen.
- Compartment Syndrome of the Forearm Following Extravasation of Mannitol in an Unconscious Patient. Stahl, S.; Lerner, A. // Acta Neurochirurgica;Aug2000, Vol. 142 Issue 8, p945
Describes a case report of compartment syndrome of the forearm following extravasation of mannitol in an unconscious patient. Common causes of compartment syndrome; Surgical decompression of the forearm compartment; Reduction of the forearm edema post-operation; Performance of delayed primary...
- Dalteparin sodium/heparin. // Reactions Weekly;4/4/2009, Issue 1246, p14
The article describes the cases of two women who developed compartment syndrome of the arm after being treated with unfractionated heparin or unfractionated heparin and dalteparin sodium. The first patient, who received heparin is 56 years old and was hospitalised with unstable angina and...
- Metachronous Acute Compartment Syndromes. Ortmann IV, Fred W.; Carr, James B. // Orthopedics;Jul2006, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p647
Presents a case report of a patient who was treated for separate compartment syndromes. Medical history; Discussion on the development of compartment syndrome after muscle contusion; Effect of forearm compartment syndrome on the volar compartment.
- Acute compartment syndrome of the anterior thigh following quadriceps strain in a footballer. Burns, B. J.; Sproule, J; Smyth, H // British Journal of Sports Medicine;Apr2004, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p218
A rare case is presented of acute anterior compartment syndrome in the thigh of a footballer caused by an acute quadriceps strain, exacerbated by poor first aid and alcohol ingestion. Decompressive fasciotomy with subsequent split skin grafting of the wound defect resulted in a satisfactory...
- Reconstructive Surgery after Compartment Syndrome of the Lower Leg and Foot. Rammelt, Stefan; Zwipp, Hans // European Journal of Trauma & Emergency Surgery;Jun2008, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p237
Compartment syndrome at the lower extremity, if overlooked or treated inadequately in polytraumatized and multiply injured patients, regularly leads to progressive foot deformities and severe loss of function in the affected patients. The sequelae of compartment syndrome directly result from...
- Mycotic aneurysm of the tibioperoneal trunk which precipitated acute compartment syndrome: report of a case. Sugimoto, Masayuki; Komori, Kimihiro // Surgery Today;Oct2012, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p1001
Mycotic aneurysms located in the tibioperoneal trunk are extremely rare, with only a few cases reported in the literature. Because of their infrequency and clinical presentations mimicking other etiologies, clinicians generally do not arrive at the diagnosis until the diameter becomes large...
- The irreducible floating hip: a unique presentation of a rare injury. Tiedeken, Nathan C.; Saldanha, Vilas; Handal, John; Raphael, James // Journal of Surgical Case Reports;2013, Vol. 2013 Issue 10, p1
A floating hip injury occurs in the setting of poly-trauma and is a rare and difficult problem to manage. Floating hip injuries require vigilant attention not only to the osseous injuries but also the surrounding compartments and soft tissue envelope. We report the case of a 35-year-old male...