Effects of Cyclospasmol Upon Sensory Parameters in Patients Recovering from Cerebrovascular Accidents
- Stroke work or systolic dP/dtmax to evaluate acute response to cardiac resynchronization therapy: are they interchangeable? De Roest, Gerjan; Knaapen, Paul; Götte, Marco; Hendriks, Thijs; Allaart, Cor; De Cock, Carel; Van Rossum, Albert // European Journal of Heart Failure;Jul2009, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p706
Background: Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) is characterized by a âˆ¼30% non-response. Invasive haemodynamic measurements are a traditional method to evaluate response to CRT. This study evaluates the correlation between acute changes in dP/dtmax and Stroke Work (SW) during CRT.
- Recognizing stroke. // Patient Care for the Nurse Practitioner;Jun2002, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p10
The article information on stroke. Between 75% and 85% of all strokes are ischemic, characterized by a sudden, catastrophic loss of brain function, most commonly resulting from obstruction of blood flow in a major cerebral vessel. Hemorrhagic stroke--bleeding into the brain from damage to small...
- External validation of a six simple variable model of stroke outcome and verification in hyper-acute stroke. Reid, J. M.; Gubitz, G. J.; Dai, D.; Reidy, Y.; Christian, C.; Counsell, C.; Dennis, M.; Phillips, S. J. // Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry;Dec2007, Vol. 78 Issue 12, p1390
We aimed to validate a previously described six simple variable (SSV) model that was developed from acute and sub-acute stroke patients in our population that included hyper-acute stroke patients. A Stroke Outcome Study enrolled patients from 2001 to 2002. Functional status was assessed at 6...
- Methodological Approach in the Measurement of Peripheral and Cerebral Circulation. Adriàensen, H.; Hagenouw, J.R.B. // Angiology;Feb1978, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p100
Explains a methodological technique in determining the peripheral and cerebral blood circulation of patients with cerebrovascular diseases. Theories proposed to explain cerebrovascular circulation based on the myogenic and metabolic theories; Strategies for measuring changes in cerebral...
- Clinical and imaging predictors of intracerebral haemorrhage in stroke patients treated with intravenous tissue plasminogen activator. Derex, L.; Hermier, M.; Adeleine, P.; Pialat, J-B.; Wiart, M.; Berthezène, Y.; Philippeau, F.; Honnorat, J.; Froment, J-C.; Trouillas, P.; Nighoghossian, N. // Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry;Jan2005, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p70
Objective: To evaluate clinical, biological, and pretreatment imaging variables For predictors of tissue plasm inogen activator (WA) related intracerebral haemorrhage (ICH) in stroke patients. Methods: 48 consecutive patients with hemispheric stroke were given intravenous WA within seven hours...
- Approaching the Clinical Problems of Patients With Cerebrovascular Disease. Slade, Walter // Angiology;Feb1978, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p95
Comments on the challenges in addressing the clinical problems experienced by patients with cerebrovascular disease. Importance of the physician's ability to learn the accurate history of the present illness in the management of such patients; Discussion of diseases that could become associated...
- Announcements July 2004. // Acta Neuropathologica;Jul2004, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p88
This article presents information on the forthcoming seminar on the cerebrovascular diseases. This seminar entitled "The Circle of Willis and Cerebrovascular Diseases in the New Millennium," is going to be held from December 9-11, 2004 in Siena, Italy.
- Cerebrovascular Accident. // Diseases & Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual, 2nd edition;2002, p225
Provides information on cerebrovascular accident or stroke. Causes; Assessment and diagnosis; Recommendations for medical management of stroke patients.
- Web resources for stroke information. // Patient Care for the Nurse Practitioner;Jun2002, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p11
The article presents a list of web resources for information about stroke, stroke risk and stroke prevention. They include the American Stroke Association, a division of the American Heart Association, the National Coalition for Stroke Prevention Awareness and the National Stroke Association....